We stayed at the Casa Loma resort between August 25th until the 30th, 2012; my husband and I and our three boys, ages 10, 5 and 4 months old. I can't praise the staff, accommodation and facilities enough.
We stayed in 403, a two-bedroom townhouse. It was the perfect size for our family, even more space than we needed, and very well laid out, with a nicely appointed kitchen, two large flat screen tvs, and a patio which leads right out to the lake shore, shallow enough that I didn't worry about our four year old digging in the sand and wading out in the water while I watched from the lawn. The bbqs were also right near by.
Everything was very clean and well maintained, and everything in the kitchen (pots, dishes, etc) seemed new. We hadn't expected daily housekeeping as we're used to staying in timeshares where you keep your own space clean, but the cleaning staff arrived every morning to make up the beds, clean the kitchen and bathrooms and replenish supplies. Beach towels are also supplied.
The pool and the play ground were the most popular areas for our boys, and both were very well maintained and very clean. We left our sunscreen by the pool by mistake and it was taken to the lost and found for us by the staff. The pool is deep enough for diving, and there is also a seperate wading pool for little guys, and a hot tub, all right on the lakeshore so you can swim in the pool and the lake.
Our boys also enjoyed the putting green on site, but we didn't have time to try out the basketball court. The location is an easy few minutes drive across the bridge into downtown Kelowna, and my husband and our oldest son biked across into town and back one afternoon (20 min round trip cycling).
The only negative I can think to add was that I wasn't able to find the accommodation details on the resort website (things like the cancellation policy, check-in times) very easily. Other than that, we would love to return again some time, especially during the last week of the summer when the resort is quiet. This is a great place for families, and we met some very nice people by the pool everyday with children who could play with ours. Highly recommended for families with children from babies to 10 years old.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exit from Highway 97 either Northbound or Southbound at Campbell Rd, on the Westside of the Bennett Bridge over Lake Okanagan at Kelowna. Follow directional sign 3 kms to the Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Casa Loma Lakeshore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Loma Lakeshore Hotel West Kelowna
- Casa Loma Lakeshore Resort Kelowna/West Kelowna