“Top Quality Burgers - Location Consistent With Others”
Review of Five Guys

Five Guys
Ranked #34 of 98 Restaurants in West Kelowna
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was my first time going to a Five Guys location in Canada - I've always found slight differences between American and Canadian franchises but Five Guys is consistent compared to their American locations.

The burger was great, toppings were great and consistent to other locations, and just the best burger you can get. Just the best burger available in the Okanagan!

I will be back next time I'm in the area - burgers don't get any better than this.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I liked the simplicity of the idea, just good decent hamburgers for a fair price. better than any fast food hamburger chain.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I still like the idea of being able to add whatever the condoments I want in my burger.
I think the price isn't bad...
But I noticed, the quantity of french fries has gone down SOOO MUCH!
Since Five Guys don't have combos, we have to buy each items separately. We buy one french fries and share it with two others....

Now, it's not even enough! I was so sad about it!!!!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Five Guys isnt' in the same league as the fast food joints.. this place is all about quality - the quality is top knotch, cooked after you order it - super fresh ingredients! no microwaves!! For those people that can't stand the crap at the fast food places, this will be a nice surprise to try!

The quantity is HUGE!! Be warned!! The regular burger is HUGE - the double and triple patty is a monster, and doubt anyone could actually finish it... same with the fries! I suggest taking the extra fries home - they are great warmed up in the oven.

Pricing is a bit high, BUT considering how much food you get, along with the quality - it's a bargain!

The shelled peanuts is a great touch - help yourself to unlimited peanuts, it's a great way to wait for the food to be cooked - very nicely done!

Warning - this is NOT a fast food joint, no microwaves, no pre-cooked crap... so if you are looking for something fast food drive thru - then just be happy with the McCrap stuff... else if you like good food with LOTS of it.. then this IS the place!

1  Thank Raymond A
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Five Guys is all over North America and they've been very successful with their "back to basics" style burger stand. The Five Guys burger offerings are about as close to home-style as anywhere I can remember and their fries are great fresh cuts with the skin on.
If you go to Five Guys, take an appetite. Even their 'little' burgers are regular sized elsewhere and a 'regular' fries is monster-sized anywhere else.
Don't be shy, ask for the works or everything on it. You might as well, you're paying for it. The result is a big, juicy and pretty messy burger. It's something you can't eat pretty so those on a first date should consider themselves warned. Do not, repeat, do not try to eat this burger while driving.
Sure it's messy, but in a good way. My burger was cooked perfectly. I dislike overcooked beef and this was avoided nicely. I liked the way the processed sliced 'guilty pleasure' cheese was just melted enough and I appreciated the mix of sauteed mushrooms and onions. I also loved the big chunk of Iceberg lettuce. Burger places: stop shredding lettuce, you cheap thugs. Leave it whole and leafy like Five Guys.
Food - excellent.
The ambiance is stripped down diner with plenty of urinal white and Psycho shower scene red. The free fresh roasted peanuts are a nice perk. The music is jangly pop from several other eras and the lighting is harsh. Daytime makes it a bit more mellow but at night it's all a bit jarring. It's not a place you want to spend a long time in. But maybe that's the point. While I was there, at least half the orders placed after I sat down were takeouts. While not the most inexpensive place on the block, Five Guys burgers stomp the big chains' efforts and shame some of the 'gourmet' and gastropub attempts.

4  Thank Bradinator