“Used to be good .....”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Bamboo Chopsticks was our favourite place to stop for lunch on our way home from shopping in Kelowna. The food was delicious and the service always good. The last time we were there (and it will be the last) the service was terrible and the food sub-standard. My husband's dish clearly stated on the menu that it came with a dipping sauce but when he asked our waitress about it, she argued that it wasn't but grudgingly went and got him some. She was rude to me for no apparent reason and pretty much just ignored me while making excuses to my husband about why my lunch was taking so long. My husband was finished his lunch before I got mine. I had ordered salad rolls and when they eventually did arrive, they were totally tasteless.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Love the food beer, you leave feeling perfectly satisfied. The service is always friendly and they cater to kids quite well too! Restaurant atmosphere could use a little more division and space but overall a great experience.

1  Thank Julie L
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had actually planned to go to another restaurant and had made reservations there. However, we decided not to eat there (details on another review). We ended up at a shopping plaza and noticed Bamboo Chopsticks and decided to give it a try. It's a small and tidy restaurant which also has a lot of takeout. We were promptly served. My friend ordered the appetizer and entree combo -- Spring Roll and Lemongrass Prawns which were delicious (I was given a taste!). I also ordered the combo - Won Ton Soup and the Vermicelli Deluxe Bowl. It was excellent. The ingredients were fresh, nicely seasoned and served hot. The servings were ample enough that we had to take some home.
We would choose this restaurant above the one we originally planned to attend. So, ultimately, we had a beautiful lunch on a beautiful day in Westbank!

2  Thank funtravels4me
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've been looking for good Vietnamese food since leaving Calgary 5 years ago and today I think I found it. Chicken stir-fry was very good. I had the Bamboo bowl and it was very close to what I'm used to in Calgary. We will return and try other dishes. Love the atmosphere.

2  Thank EJ460
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Bamboo Chopsticks is by far my favourite restaurant. Their pho (fuh) is very delicious and they are never stingy on the meat or vegetables and always give you what you order.Its a very local restaurant and if you go there enough (like me) they tend to remember what you like.The staff is so friendly and the atmosphere is sleek and modern but still remains that cozy feel.You get a lot for what you pay for because the portions are quite large.I recommend trying the desserts (they never disappoint).I believe Bamboo Chopsticks is a very amazing restaurant with quality food and staff.There is always a table open within 10 minutes so that proves the service is very dependable.Drop in to Bamboo Chopsticks and see a whole new world of food open up before your eyes.

1  Thank RazzleDazzle20011