“An absolute zoo!”

$116.87*
and up
West Kelowna Wine Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Mission Hill Family Estate, situated in the heart of British Columbia's breathtaking Okanagan Valley wine country, one of the Pacific Northwest's undiscovered gems. Making great wines and providing a special place where people can enjoy them has been my dream and my life's work. Now, it's a reality, one that my family and I want to share with everyone who visits us high atop Mission Hill. We hope you'll think of our winery as a refuge from the hurried pace of daily life. We invite you to experience the nature and art of winemaking by walking our lush on-site vineyards and visiting our underground cellars. Sample fine wines by the glass, marvel at the vista and reflect on a process that's almost as old as time itself. We look forward to welcoming you at Mission Hill Family Estate. Anthony von Mandl Proprietor
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We previously visited this winery about five years ago and were very impressed the the grounds, the tour and the wine tasting experience. This time around, we were arrived on a Monday in the early afternoon. The grounds are still beautiful, but the experience was terrible. The restaurant only takes reservations, so we couldn't get in. The wine tasting was $8 - seriously? And there were literally hundreds of people milling about. The overall experience was very poor. There is nothing "family" about this family estate winery anymore. The staff were aloof, distracted, and not at all interested in my personal experience at the winery. What a disappointment. I will continue to buy the wine, because I think Mission Hill makes some of the best wine in Canada. However, I can buy it at the liquor store and save myself the time and energy it took to go to the winery.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were staying at a beautiful B&B in West Kelowna, and decided to go for a wine tasting tour at Mission Hills Winery (MHW).

As a professed Oenophile (an aficiando of fine wines) some of the best Chardonnays have come from MHW's cellars in the past.

I couldn't wait to get there.

It was a beautiful summer afternoon, and the grounds of MHW were in pristine condition. At the start of every vineyard row, there was a blooming tea rose, in all its glory.

The architecture is stunning and the wine tasting centre is impressive, both in its size and decor.

As for the wine tasting, we tried 5 varietals of white wines, including an ice wine. We bought two bottles of the chardonnay as gifts.

The Sommelier was friendly and helpful.

A great way to spend your time, and sample some of the best wines available anywhere.

As an aside, we did not have time to eat at the Terrace Restaurant, but it looked fabulous, with an incredible view of Lake Okanagan, and presided over by executive chef, Chris Stewart.

Chris' many varied experiences, including his term as Chef de Partie at Heston Blumnethal's 3-Michelin Star restaurant, located in the quaint hamlet of Bray, Berkshire, U.K., ensures that your culinary experience at MHW would be exceptionally wonderful. On my next trip to MHW, I'll be sure to set time aside to experience Chris' fare.

In the interim, I can always enjoy one of MHW's fine wines.

May God Bless.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Beautiful, peaceful, family friendly. Grounds were spectacular. We took our three kids and even they enjoyed it.

1  Thank TMarie08
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My parents lived in the Okanagan for decades and it seemed when ever we had visitors (especially from oversees) we would always end up taking them here. The gardens, view and outside atmosphere are delightful. For me the visit could stop there - outside- as I find the tasting room is more just a huge gift shop packed with people, many off of tour buses. We didn't even taste last time here as it was a bit chaotic inside and not the pleasant wine tasting experience we appreciate. The bells from the Mission tower ring morning, noon and evening - quite pleasant actually but not sure how they got that one past noise control... So, come here for the views but in my opinion go elsewhere for atmosphere and charm.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This winery is showy, opulent, and well worth a visit. The views of the lake are worth the visit, even if you don't care for wine. The Finnish artist whose work is featured there until fall of 2014 has created statues that look as if they were created specifically for this place. Mission Hill is anything but quaint - it's large and bustling and breathtakingly lovely.