WINNER WONDERLAND

$112.41*
and up
All Star Wineries of Kelowna Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Mission Hill Family Estate, situated in the heart of British Columbia's breathtaking Okanagan Valley wine country, one of the Pacific Northwest's undiscovered gems. Making great wines and providing a special place where people can enjoy them has been my dream and my life's work. Now, it's a reality, one that my family and I want to share with everyone who visits us high atop Mission Hill. We hope you'll think of our winery as a refuge from the hurried pace of daily life. We invite you to experience the nature and art of winemaking by walking our lush on-site vineyards and visiting our underground cellars. Sample fine wines by the glass, marvel at the vista and reflect on a process that's almost as old as time itself. We look forward to welcoming you at Mission Hill Family Estate. Anthony von Mandl Proprietor
Stockport, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Must see place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Absolutely beautiful place, must go and see, the design of the area and buildings something for the owners to be truly proud of, and the view.... however found it very touristy and busy, a lot of children running around. Had enjoyed sampling the wines at the smaller wineries such as summer hill and quails gate where they spent more time explaining the different wines and the experience was more fun and enjoyable.

• Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“$8 tasting fee? What a joke.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I made the mistake of coming to here with the false impression that the primary purpose was for wine tasting, rather than a massive tourist trap gouging tourists for every penny possible. It was immediately apparent that it is a huge corporate tourist trap. The "tasting room" is in fact a gigantic souvenir shop filled with tourists who know nothing about wine. I say this only because no wine expert would pay $8 for a wine tasting. Absolutely laughable.

I come to this winery after a week of wine touring in Oliver and Penticton. After visiting about 25 wineries in the Okanagan over two visits, there are two that charge up front tasting fees. I will not return to either, nor did I pay the tasting fee. I did however buy at least one bottle at all 23 of the other wineries.

No I will not pay you $8 for a wine tasting, especially given that you don't even apply more than $4 of it towards purchased bottles.

Massive tourist trap gouging tourists. It's not about the wine, and you will find no true wine lovers here. I think it's about time to remove the word "family" from the name. There is nothing "family" about this oversized corporate tourist trap.

Do yourself a favour and go to a few of the real family wineries nearby. They need your money much more than this place.

3 Thank EvanUTVol
Victoria, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best in class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've never been to Italy but it captures what I think Italy would be. The architectural details are a treat for the eye starting with the fortress like gates at the entrance. Panoramic views of Lake Okanagan with an amphitheatre, bell tower, and spacious grounds. The tasting room is gorgeous and huge. Everything is elegant and grandly scaled. We've seen wineries sprouting up all over BC - most have vines that are too young to produce anything worth drinking - yet. If you are planning a tour make sure you visit this stunning property last. It will ruin you for all the other wineries. The top tier wines are stellar, expensive and reserved for special occasions. There is no fee to walk the grounds, but there are tasting fees.

1 Thank valu8or
Turner Valley, Canada
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Class on it's own”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Well looked after place. Gorgeous place to visit, the views are heavenly. Row on row of wines with grapes growing. The garden is well groomed and it has the classic look of a winery. We went to the store and checked out the merchandise. Ended up buying wine and other items. You can test the wine for a small fee and have a better understanding of what types and taste they produce here. We even stayed for lunch, great idea have a restaurant on the patio. It was a very good experience and we will go back again.

Sanda-shi, Hyogo, Japan
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Great Wines and People!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have visited this winery from Japan. I really impressed by their wines and hospitality. Also it is without saying that the location and scenary of this winery was the best among the Okanagan area.
Next time, for sure, I love to have a lunch or dinner at their restaurant. When I have visited French Lundry in Napa, I was a lillte disappointed but I have heard the very good reputation on Mission Hill Resturant.
Thank you again for your great tour!

Visited April 2013