“Best in class” 5 of 5 stars

$116*
and up
All Star Wineries Of Kelowna Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Mission Hill Family Estate, situated in the heart of British Columbia's breathtaking Okanagan Valley wine country, one of the Pacific Northwest's undiscovered gems. Making great wines and providing a special place where people can enjoy them has been my dream and my life's work. Now, it's a reality, one that my family and I want to share with everyone who visits us high atop Mission Hill. We hope you'll think of our winery as a refuge from the hurried pace of daily life. We invite you to experience the nature and art of winemaking by walking our lush on-site vineyards and visiting our underground cellars. Sample fine wines by the glass, marvel at the vista and reflect on a process that's almost as old as time itself. We look forward to welcoming you at Mission Hill Family Estate. Anthony von Mandl Proprietor
Victoria, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best in class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've never been to Italy but it captures what I think Italy would be. The architectural details are a treat for the eye starting with the fortress like gates at the entrance. Panoramic views of Lake Okanagan with an amphitheatre, bell tower, and spacious grounds. The tasting room is gorgeous and huge. Everything is elegant and grandly scaled. We've seen wineries sprouting up all over BC - most have vines that are too young to produce anything worth drinking - yet. If you are planning a tour make sure you visit this stunning property last. It will ruin you for all the other wineries. The top tier wines are stellar, expensive and reserved for special occasions. There is no fee to walk the grounds, but there are tasting fees.

1 Thank valu8or

• Korean first
Turner Valley, Canada
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Class on it's own”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Well looked after place. Gorgeous place to visit, the views are heavenly. Row on row of wines with grapes growing. The garden is well groomed and it has the classic look of a winery. We went to the store and checked out the merchandise. Ended up buying wine and other items. You can test the wine for a small fee and have a better understanding of what types and taste they produce here. We even stayed for lunch, great idea have a restaurant on the patio. It was a very good experience and we will go back again.

Sanda-shi, Hyogo, Japan
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great Wines and People!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have visited this winery from Japan. I really impressed by their wines and hospitality. Also it is without saying that the location and scenary of this winery was the best among the Okanagan area.
Next time, for sure, I love to have a lunch or dinner at their restaurant. When I have visited French Lundry in Napa, I was a lillte disappointed but I have heard the very good reputation on Mission Hill Resturant.
Thank you again for your great tour!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Yoshihiro M
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great views, great weather, excellent food, outstanding waiter...bring your wallet....make sure its full

1 Thank Lloyd B
Calgary, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“World Class Winery and Amazing Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Let me clear from the start. I don't drink alcohol. Then why the hell did my wife and I go here? We heard lots about it from friends and from literature. Now, I can appreciate the grape cultivating and farming industry and really enjoy architecture. This place has got both things going for it.

We decided to take a tour of the venue, which you can register from their webpage (which I highly suggest you do to confirm being accepted on the tour). It's worth the $12 per person to experience the vision that the owners had and how they have made such an amazing property.

How's the wine? I haven't got a clue. Apparently, world class. The tour included reviewing how to properly taste wine and I think anyone who doesn't know, should take the basic tour, at least. The store has lots of neat things and the restaurant is definitely on our list for our next visit to West Kelowna.

Visited May 2013