“Exceptional staff and location”

Mission Hill Family Estate Winery
$126.70*
and up
All Star Wineries of Kelowna Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Mission Hill Family Estate, situated in the heart of British Columbia's breathtaking Okanagan Valley wine country, one of the Pacific Northwest's undiscovered gems. Making great wines and providing a special place where people can enjoy them has been my dream and my life's work. Now, it's a reality, one that my family and I want to share with everyone who visits us high atop Mission Hill. We hope you'll think of our winery as a refuge from the hurried pace of daily life. We invite you to experience the nature and art of winemaking by walking our lush on-site vineyards and visiting our underground cellars. Sample fine wines by the glass, marvel at the vista and reflect on a process that's almost as old as time itself. We look forward to welcoming you at Mission Hill Family Estate. Anthony von Mandl Proprietor
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Spectacular views, great knowledgeable staff with a passion for wines. Was not that busy when we were there, managed to sample a couple of very nice wines and did some purchases. Strolled around outside in the courtyard, weather was wonderful. Grounds were immaculate.

1  Thank BobYVR

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Spectacular grounds, which were more impressive given it's their off-season, were an indication we were in for a wonderful experience inside ... and we were.
We were greeted by an expansive entrance way with wines and tasting bars in both directions. After only a few steps in, we were warmly greeted and shown the direction of the tasting bar that was open. After briefly shopping through reasonably priced items in the store, we made our way to the tasting bar. I believe Janice was assisting us and was very knowledgeable about the wines and more. Once she learned my parents were local, she offered information on the cooking courses, wine club and events for locals some of which my parents will receive as Christmas gifts (shhh don't tell them!)
The view from this property is spectacular, the wines are delicious and well priced. I can only imagine what this winery is like on a summer night with an event taking place in the amphitheater.

2  Thank Kimberley15
Reviewed October 29, 2012

With so much history in the Okanagen valley thanks to this winery I was REALLY looking forward to going here. It was my mom and my last stop for the day and the drive into the parking lot and the walk to the front door did nothing but prepare us for the best. Unfortunately, once inside things went downhill very quickly. We were the 3rd and 4th people at the tasting area and were quickly joined by another group of about 5. After getting our first sample we waited nearly 5 minutes before the single person serving all 9 of us even noticed we were done (while 3 other employees stood around casually chatting at the other tasting area). To pass the time we sampled the crackers we were provided. Stale. Oh my god, stale. Completely masked any wine we were trying to taste. Highest tasting fees in Kelowna, thakfully they were waived when we walked out before even finishing our tasting. We came prepared to buy and left empty handed with the taste of moth balls in our mouths. HOWEVER, I would give Mission Hill another shot solely because whoever we talked to was appalled by our story and assured us that was not typical. Still, so disappointing.

3  Thank Jenks303
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Such a stunning view and stunning winery. They crank out some pretty good wines too. The buildings and architecture is amazing. This is definitely a must see winery when traveling the Okanagan.

1  Thank Poul_Mark
Reviewed October 24, 2012

An excellent location a short drive from Kelowna. Marvellous views, great archetecture, best wine in the world, and a brilliant restaurant. So good we went twice, and bought some wine of course.

2  Thank john_farnden1