“Impressive View, Grounds, and Grapes!”

Mission Hill Family Estate Winery
$120.94*
and up
West Kelowna Wine Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Mission Hill Family Estate, situated in the heart of British Columbia's breathtaking Okanagan Valley wine country, one of the Pacific Northwest's undiscovered gems. Making great wines and providing a special place where people can enjoy them has been my dream and my life's work. Now, it's a reality, one that my family and I want to share with everyone who visits us high atop Mission Hill. We hope you'll think of our winery as a refuge from the hurried pace of daily life. We invite you to experience the nature and art of winemaking by walking our lush on-site vineyards and visiting our underground cellars. Sample fine wines by the glass, marvel at the vista and reflect on a process that's almost as old as time itself. We look forward to welcoming you at Mission Hill Family Estate. Anthony von Mandl Proprietor
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Mission Hill Winery is one of my favorites in West Kelowna. The winery overlooks a lake, mountains, and vineyards. The grounds are equally impressive as you enter through the archway into the courtyard and saunter over to the bell tower.

We were there for an outdoor concert set on the hill next to the Terrace Restsurant, spectacular venue setting. The night was magical as we toured the site and sampled some truly fine wines! My next visit I plan on taking in the Discovery Tour!

There are newer reviews for Mission Hill Family Estate Winery

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I honestly could not decide whether I was still in Canada or had been transported to the Mediterranean! Beautiful architecture, beautiful views. Enjoyed the tour and the wine tasting. By all accounts restaurant is great, and wish we had eaten there! Would definitely recommend a visit!!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you're going to visit only one winery in the Okanagan (and I don't know why you would only visit one!) this is the one. The grounds are amazing, they offer some great tours (a little pricey), you can walk through most of the centre for free and still leave well educated, the restaurant is first class, and the wine store and tastings are amazing. Try to get there before noon if possible. The bells ring at noon and it is an amazing experience.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Arguably the most advertised winery on the valley, I was wrongly drawn into thinking Mission Hill was a "must-see" for our Okanagan tour. The location is absolutely beautiful. The architecture is striking. The landscaping is perfect. The wines are predictable. The staff are robotic.

The founder sought to produce a Napa-style winery in the Okanagan. He succeeded in building a system which succeeds in separating visitors from their dollars, while leaving them to take their hollow memories home.

If your Okanagan agenda is weighted toward Oliver and Osoyoos, spare yourself the detour to the middle of the valley. You will see gorgeous vistas and directly interact with the wineries much better in the south end of the valley.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Thought we'd pop in at 11am. for a 'quick' visit before heading back to Vancouver..... Ended up doing a wine tasting and staying for a great lunch, leaving at 4pm!
Robert at the Wine Tasting Bar was fantastic and kept us entertained while serving 'ANOTHER special one not on the list' (not to me I might add- I was the designated driver, I stayed and ate the crackers!).