“Functional, good for a night stay...”

Holiday Inn West Kelowna
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Functional, good for a night stay...”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

It is just an average type of hotel which is conveniently located when coming late from the south. Nothing remarkable except for the jacuzzi pool. Booked 2 queens but got only 1 queen and a sofa. Staff was not very accomodating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marandjack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here with my partner on the way across to Vancouver from Calgary. Good location for restaurants and roads. Very clean and spacious. Good gym and pool. Staff friendly. What you'd expect for the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Summerland, Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The beds were rock hard old televisions that did not work properly Washroom was dirty and never cleaned for the two days we were there Front desk staff were not helpful at all Restaurant was no good either

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Chris R,

Thank you for taking the time to write our property a review. I am glad that you found our location satisfactory enough for your needs. Please accept my sincerest apology if you found your stay less than adequate due to the bed accommodations and staff service received. I appreciate you bringing these issues into our attention as this is our best resource of improving guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dawson Creek, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2012

a new, clean, basic but equipped hotel, with an excellent swimming pool and outdoor hot tub (spoilt only by the vapid hockey parents who thought it was fine to sit in the tub drinking cocktails and partying) in a fair location for the area. very good value for money, good restaurant on site. overall i would recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Surrey
Reviewed August 18, 2012

When we arrived to check in to the Holiday Inn, after being quoted a charge of $159.95 for one night, I was given the Visa machine to enter my pin number. Imagine my surprise when it said $300.00!
I was told by the staff at the desk that it would be changed to the correct amount in the morning when I checked out, that precaution was needed in case I were to rent movies or incur other charges. I refused to sign in for $300 and was told by the two people at the reception counter that I would not be able to find a hotel in the Kelowna area that did not do this.

We went to another hotel nearby and registered as we normally do when we stay in hotels and motels across Canada and then United States, authorizing for the room charge only.

It was not the fault of the staff, they are doing what they have been told to do. I feel that authorizing charges that amount to almost twice the room charge is leaving it wide open for the hotel to add charges to the Visa that it would be difficult to have removed as well as insinuating that we could not be trusted. Go to a hotel that treats you like an honest customer!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beverley K
Delta, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was one of my stops on a recent business trip through the BC Interior. I chose this location due to the easy of getting to Kelowna, Summerland and Penticton and of course because it is part of the IHG Priority Club points system. It is very easy to get to as you enter West Kelowna from the Hwy 5 connector. The hotel has ample parking, a built-in restaurant and a Boston Pizza just next door. There are many other shops and services within a mile or 2 of the hotel.

Unfortunately I found the location to be the only redeeming quality of this property. I wish I had the same staff serve me as some of the other reviewers. I found the service to be rude at best. I called down and asked for a 2pm check out which is a standard Priority Club Platinum perk. The front desk person responded with "2 pm?" in that tone of voice as though I was out of line for asking and responded with "the best we will do is 1pm". Now, they don't have to give me the extended checkout but how about some grace in responding. Even when checking in and asking about local eateries and shops I just got that feeling that I was inconveniencing the staff.

I found the room to be serviceable but in need of an update. There is good sized desk in the room but you have to get down on your knees to access the outlet. The wireless service, while complimentary, is below average in speed. The television is a smaller, tube style unit.

If you need a central starting point to easily commute to many Interior towns then this is one of your better bets. If location is not your highest priority then I would definitely recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Kelowna over this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This again is a good stopover point, the hotel as ever is what you expect from holiday inn.
The indoor/outdoor pool was good, but as another reviewer said the chemical fumes in the hot tub were slightly overpowering. The hotel restaurant was good and very friendly staff.
One of the negatives was the reception staff, they were very distracted when checking in and not as efficient as all the other holiday inn that we have stayed out. Checking out staff were fine..

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites Kelowna
#5 of 34 in Kelowna
Central City
Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna

Been to Holiday Inn West Kelowna? Share your experiences!