“Good except for the restaurant”

Holiday Inn West Kelowna
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Overall I liked this place. Good location for us, good service, they stored our bikes for us, nice pool. The rate was far too high for what you get but it was a long weekend so that happens.
We went for breakfast at the restaurant next door, good food and service until the end.....their debit/credit terminal was broken so we were told that we would have to pay our bill at the Front Desk of the hotel. No problem..you would think. We were informed by the restaurant staff that due to this there would not be a tip option when we went to pay our bill. We told the server that we would drop off some cash for this in a bit. She responded that she would be watching for this in a rather rude tone of voice. While checking out (with the restaurant bill in my hand) I was asked by 3 different people how I was planning on paying my breakfast bill. Did they think I was trying to skip out on them, or not pay my breakfast bill? I was standing there with my bill and credit card ready to go. It as rude, and gave me a really bad impression of the service. Our server was loitering in the area, I can only assume to ensure that our bill was paid. I really didn't need 4 people to remind me to pay my bill as I was standing there waiting to pay it. Good hotel though.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn West Kelowna

Reviewed June 10, 2012

The hotel is well placed on the south end of Westbank right on 97 Hwy. It has been very well looked after and is about 12 years old. The lobby is enviting and well kept. I took a single room at $128 per night plus tax. The room itself was quite large and very pleasant. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accomodating. Had a great stay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dderouin
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Great place to stay. We found the Holiday Inn West Bank Kelowna to be quiet and comfortable with a good on site restaurant. We had access to luggage carts to get our luggage to and from our vehicle. There is also elevator access. They did ask for an extra $100.00 at check-in in case we ran up some additional charges. We had never experienced anything like that anywhere before. They already had our Visa number for the room reservation. Other than that we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This hotel is well located for access from the south . Its right off Highway 97 in Westbank , well marked and easy to find . The hotel is just over 10 yrs old and in great condition .. We paid $106 plus tax for a regular room which would be one of the better values for the dollar in the Kelowna area . They have a great restaurant attached which they own and manage as well . Very nice package ,,

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had a nice stay, but the hotel charged us twice for the stay. Once via travelocity and then again a few days after we checked out. I am sick and tired of those greed driven tactics. I would like the management to contact me directly within 2 business days, otherwise I will report a fraud to VISA. I really do not have time for this nonsense. Overall decent hotel, but do not give them your VISA card #.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MaciejG
Ryan M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Thank you for your feed back. I appreciate your taking the time to advise us of these items and apologize for the issues you may have experienced during your stay.

I take great pride in the level of service we provide to our guests and will follow up in all areas where we did not meet your expectations.

I have ensured that the issue you experienced has been resolved and we hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Just a short drive of about 8-10 min away from downtown Kelowna, the Holiday Inn was a good location for us.....a good jumping off point to head south into Peachland, Summerland, Penticton and Naramata wineries. Or a half hour further into the Oliver winery heartland. We love to take these little get-aways from Vancouver so we can re-stock our wine racks!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rsdickson
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed here for a night back in March 2011. Although the hotel showed some dating, the entire experience was made great by staff who were probably the friendliest I have ever encountered....almost to the point of me thinking I was part of a joke or something! I arrived and was immediately offered a free movie rental.
I mentioned that I had a couple of cold food items that might not fit in the bar fridge, and before I knew it, they were shipping a full size fridge up to my room!
Everytime I walked down to the lobby, whomever was at the front desk asked me how my stay was going, and they asked me by first name! How the heck did they know who I was?
When checking-out, I was offered bonus Priority Club points for no specific reason other than the manager just feeling like doing something special for me!

Besides this, the room was of acceptable size and cleanliness, and the bed was comfortable.

Thank you to Holiday Inn Westbank for customer service that went above and beyond!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Central City
Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Comfort Suites Kelowna
#5 of 34 in Kelowna

Been to Holiday Inn West Kelowna? Share your experiences!