All reviews under new ownership clean rooms conference room nice size hockey tournament mini fridge pool and hot tub free breakfast highway
Selected filters
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Although the hotel
Is a little dated it was very comfortable !we were there after a death in the family and made a reservation for 2 nights. We had to add a night so we could support family. They accommodated us with no problem although the hotel was very busy . We would stay there again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2019

clean rooms, good location and super friendly staff. it is very good value, would like to recommend this hotel to other guests travelling from all around the world. Chinese restaurant attached is an extra bonus.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 21, 2019

The room I was given wasn't very clean. Stained walls and carpet. Beds looked clean. The toilet in the room was broken (which I didn't realize until late the night I checked in as I was out of the room all day.). First thing in the morning I requested to be moved into a different room. I was denied as there were no rooms available, so maintenance man showed up. After he realized the toilet needed to be removed to be worked on, I again requested to be moved as I needed to get ready for the day and needed a working bathroom to do so. I was given a room key to a room a few doors down. When I asked if I could just move into that room I was told no, that the people had JUST checked out, the room was NOT cleaned, but I could use the shower and toilet while mine was being fixed. I was stunned. What kind of establishment thinks it is ok for their guests to use a dirty bathroom? Even more upsetting was head office did nothing to rectify this issue. I will not be returning to this or any other Wyndam hotel.

Room tip: A different hotel!!
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2019

Our stay was extremely uncomfortable. We only stayed because we prepaid through Expedia—big mistake, and the fact we were visiting family in the area. There are few hotel options in West Kelowna although Kelowna is a short drive over the bridge. On this trip we didn't want to drive through the crazy and dangerous Kelowna traffic.
A pleasant lady greeted us, check in and out was good. There are no elevators. We had to drag our bags to the second floor (not the easiest thing to do for seniors.) And the room...More than half the light bulbs were burnt out. We could only get a dribble out of the sink, although the tub and toilet were fine. The beds were lumpy (probably old mattresses.) Most of the electrical plugs had no friction or grasp (not sure of the right term here), so our plugs fell out. The headboard plugs were inset into a board on the wall, so were virtually inaccessible with apple plugs. The lamp plug also didn't work. There were no usb plugs. The table was inaccessible because the microwave and coffee maker were stacked on top of it. But there was no working plug to plug these into anyway. The TV also didn't work. I went downstairs to complain and request a different room. But there are no other rooms. This is the one we were assigned to, she said. And she said, it's an old hotel. Nothing works. She just shrugged. She gave my husband two lightbulbs and told him he could change them himself. Wh a a t? These were ceiling bulbs!!! Day two. I complain again. The maintenance guy changes two light bulbs when we are out. Three days later the owner shows up. The TV box gets changed. It still doesn't work. I complain to the owner about our entire stay. The maintenance guy shows up and checks the sink. It needs new taps but he doesn't have any. Day four. The taps get changed. The maintenance guy fixes the TV and the AC because it needed a new filter. I ask the front desk girl to contact the owner since we are leaving at 6 am. She asks what's the problem? I went through our week again. She said I gave you light bulbs, you didn't want to change them yourself!! I told you it was an old building.
BTW I looked to see if I could work in the coffee room, but it's locked during the day, and it has zero plugs. There simply isn't any well lit space in this hotel. Don't use this for a business spot, because you will be sorely disappointed. I noticed there was a scurry of maintenance activity on Friday of the May long weekend. Obviously they know there are problems throughout the building. IMO The front desk girl needs to be fired and management needs to take a more active role.

Room tip: No elevators. Be sure to request main floor if you have trouble dragging your bags up two flights of stairs.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Adequate for our needs. Clean and quiet but dated. Needs carpet, low flow toilet /shower head. Not environmentally sound. The waffle maker is great but limited selection for breakfast including tang to drink.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple