“Super 8, 1655 westgate road, Kelowna B.C. This hotel has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.”

Super 8 West Kelowna BC
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This hotel has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
My wife and I book two days in advance for this hotel and drove up to stay from Vancouver, when we arrived at the hotel we were told there was no reservation for us and that even though we had a email confirmation number they wouldn't help us at all. In fact we were told by the receptionist Nytesha? That it wasn't the hotels problem or fault that they didn’t have the reservation and we were told the last guest had already checked in for the night at 930 pm. While my wife and I couldn’t understand what was going on we insisted that perhaps they had misplaced the documentation of our stay. We were told this was impossible and that we should leave it we didn't like what we were being told. The receptionist and the supervisor were the two most disrespectful staff members at a hotel I have ever seen or heard about by far, from the second we walked in to this dingy hotel we were hit with the most negative sales persons who from the first word basically told us they didn’t care at all about our business.

It gets worse, so with no hotel to stay at and now 11pm after sitting in the parking lot trying to reach the hotel manager by phone we were told the GM has no voice mail and cannot be reached. We were then told by the receptionist that she did in fact have a room to rent us by that she personally did not like how we had been upset and told me on the phone that she decided to not offer us a room at all and that we should stay somewhere else.

Meanwhile out in the parking lot still we decided to go back into the hotel just to see if there was possibly a mistake that they had made. Two biker guys staying at the hotel in the lobby even got aggressive with myself because I was quote “complaining and holding them up and the told to either book another room or shut up and leave. Again we were told it was our fault and that we had to deal with bookings.com because the reservation had nothing to do with the hotel, and again we asked if there was something they could do to help us out as we had no place to stay and it was now getting to be midnight...

My wife and I then decided that we were not going to deal with this rude unprofessional hotel staff and we ended up paying twice the room price quoted to us by Super 8, and we stayed at the Best Western down the street where we had to smuggle in a suit case our small bulldog in to the non-pet friendly rooms (the only reason we wanted to stay at Super 8 in the first place)

We then left our vacation early because we did not want to have to keep the dog at a non-pet friendly hotel for the week, so we returned home the next day. My wife is from Mexico and this is the first visit she has ever had to Kelowna and if it wasn't for the excellent staff at the Best Western Hotel she would have left Kelowna with an even worse impression, the truth is she and I and all of our friends, family, and co-workers will never stay at a Super 8 hotel again, and take from our experience and tell everyone that you know who might be considering this hotel, to stay far away. If you are looking for nice, energetic, friendly, professional hotel and staff to stay with, I wouldn't recommend this hotel if it were the last on earth (it’s really that bad)

And this horrible experience just kept on getting better as the next day when we got home there was a 5 min message left on our answering machine telling us that they had found our reservation, and in fact didn't know how to use their own fax machine properly, and that if we want to stay again the would offer us 20% off, I might add that 20% off hardly comes close to any kind of compensation for the way we were treated, and that the message was completely fake and came off as a complete insult to myself and family. All I asked was that the following business day the manager of the hotel give me a call so I could explain what happened (to date this has not happened and I have tried to call now over and over to reach him).

Also, if you can believe it gets worse because this hotels rooms don't look anything like the pictures online, in fact only a small amount of the hotel rooms are renovated and the rest are old and filthy, but they don't tell you that intell you get there and at that point they know there is no way for you to cancel the online reservation.

We talked to tons of local people in Kelowna about this and they all said the same thing that the Super 8 formally the Comfort Inn in West Bank is the worst hotel in town I mean when we arrived there was a guy with no shirt sleeping against the outside door with an open bottle of bourbon at his side...

Real nice Canadian place eh... P.S because we didn’t cancel the room and they found the reservation paper work the day after, we were charged full price to our Credit Card for not staying at this Super 8.

Room Tip: This hotel has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. My wife and I book two days in...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank NickBoorman85

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Well, if you are looking for a cheap place to stay this is it. Its got a terrible breakfast included, and a pool that's under renovations so there's some grime for your feet as you go from hot tub to pool. The room? Well you get what you pay for. Fraying towels, lamps that don't work, and a staff member who at 10:15pm sets off the fire alarm with burnt english muffins. Not my first choice, but overall the staff are the friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Il0veSkye

Travelers are raving about these West Kelowna hotels

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2012

the main reasons for booking was price and comfort.
we stayed at the hotel for overnight and it exceed our expectation
it's a quiet and relatively new place reasonably priced
the only downside was the fact that restaurant on sundays opens
at 9am which is very inconvenient for people who stay over weekend and have some business to do sunday morning, so you have to skip "breakfast included" thing =o(
it's about 10km from the city center which some people may find not convenient

Room Tip: make sure you ask for the room on the side opposite to a hwy
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel is no frills, it was a basic room which was clean, but you could tell the place needs a renovation. We will probably try another place the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed there on Nov 4, 2011. The hotel was completely full as there was the BC Championship cross country race. Despite full occupancy, the front desk had our keys for our two rooms ready, checkin was a breeze. Staff were very accomodating and friendly. Rooms were quite large and adequate. This isn't a 5 star, but for the price, I thought the room was great. The room was clean, but I did notice a lollipop under the bed. Breakfast was basic, and I was surprized they had run out of juice and had no extra juice. They should have known it was going to be full with advance reservations. Overall, I would go back to the Comfort Inn as it offers good value, and it is comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Basic no frills motel with quite tired but spacious rooms. Just off Highway 97 the location is nothing special but is fine for an overnight stay, and we found 4 wineries within a short taxi ride or half hour walk.
The breakfast was surprisingly good and was included in the cheap price.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Simon V
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Dirty, odors, no fridge, in need of major repairs.

• Stayed August 2011
Central City
Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Comfort Suites Kelowna
#5 of 34 in Kelowna

Been to Super 8 West Kelowna BC? Share your experiences!