“Best steak ever!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Orentano
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2015 via mobile

Great place to enjoy a great fiorentina steak! Great wine, friendly service and amazing food! All at a very good price for value!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,805)

Reviewed October 3, 2015

We went for a family dinner while staying in Orentano. No menus, just different options within a select menu. Friendly and kind service. We LOVED every course. In fact, this was one of the best meals we had during our trip. Prices were very reasonable. I highly recommend going out of your way to eat here!

Reviewed July 16, 2015

What a great restaurant!! Nicely set with a second floor outdoor balcony in Orentano, this was one of the best meals we had during our 2 week stay in Italy. You will definitely not leave hungry! Pietro, our waiter was not 100% comfortable with English, but he was able to ask a lovely lady from the kitchen to help us ordering. The service and staff were all so friendly, Trattoria da Bentio is running a great business! We ate here twice- once with a group of 12, and once with a group of 3. Both times it was fantastic, and the meals were all scalable whether you have a big party or not. The price is unbelievably low for the amount of food you get. There is no better value anywhere else in Italy.

The menu is fairly set with antipasto to start which included beans, prosciutto, olives, and some great bread with melted cheese/ butter/ and meat. Be careful not to fill up just on the antipasto. The second course was pasta- we tried all three types, but our absolute favorite was the spicy spaghetti... OMG. It was the perfect amount of spice, and the pasta was perfectly done. But hold on, it's not over yet- the show stopper is the plate of meat for your last course. The BEST rare steak, delicious sausage, and melt off the bone ribs! We never had enough room left for dessert, but I can imagine it was good. Finish off with a nice shot of limoncello and you will be set for bed, dreaming about one of the best dinners you have ever had from Trattoria da Benito!!

1  Thank Ali and Scott R
Reviewed July 14, 2015

Rather than repeat all that has been said here or in our review of another establishment in the general area (Osteria Bonnani in Montelupo) let me just say that the Tuscan perfection found there can be found here. Assuming you think Tuscan cuisine is terrific, I can make no higher recommendation than da Benito. As "The Slow Food Guide to Italy," (my bible) states "this is food completely free of outside influence," and because of where we are, that is a very good thing..
No need to go on about the meat etc...Agree with all the accolades.
What, for us was amusing was the bill: for this slice of outstanding excellence one could also order 2 "gourmet" burgers, fries, and a couple of beers back home........
On the way out, I positioned myself to take a picture of the grill with my I phone and I was stopped by our waiter. For a second I thought I had crossed some line,...... attempting to export some proprietary culinary secret and I froze. He then motioned some wait staff out of the way and directed me to get closer so I could get a better picture.

2  Thank CliffWalkCottage
Reviewed July 1, 2015 via mobile

Fanastic meal - I wish that we'd been brave enough to try more different things - particularly the antipasti, which looked (and smelled) fabulous... Almost impossible to find fault - although I think that some chips with the main course would have made things simply perfect...
We took the precaution of booking - a good idea, even midweek; we went on a Tuesday and it was packed...

1  Thank Nestavipers