All reviews stunning views lamb shoulder wanaka area fox glacier new zealand family room very comfortable room minute drive beer garden view from the balcony double bed laundry facilities lake accommodation nz stopover queenstown
Reviewed April 13, 2017

With great views of the lake, we enjoyed delicious fish and chips and a nice cold beer in the pub. There was a game on so we lucked in with $12 fish and chips special, bargain. The fish was absolutely delicious, very light batter and it even came with a delicious green salad. It is also a great place to bring kids as there is a big outdoor area with a playground and giant jenga to keep them entertained. Highly recommend

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2017

First impressions were a little off putting to be honest. It presents as an average style restaurant our waiter on the day appeared a little 'pompous' for the scene - pretentious is perhaps a good way to describe his demeanor and service, completely out of place in this place and his attitude undeserved because he was not amazing. Wait time was a little long, service was average, we had to ask for water. Food would have been amazing, except my meal was over seasoned - too much salt in the jus (I have a high salt tolerance by the way and it was too salty for me), the meal would have been really good otherwise. Prices very average. It wasn't the worst place I have eaten but if I ever go back, next time I would send back my food as the salt in the jus was too much.

Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

We reached Lake Hawea Hotel at around 12:20 noon on a very sunny day (Mar 24) the location is about 15 mins away from Lake Wanaka, it's indeed difficult to travel around without a car >.<

The friendly receptionist, Pru (I hope I get her name right!) offered to bring us to Wanaka to rent a car when she's off work at 2:30pm, thanks so much Pru! You're so sweet & kind!

We booked a split level room, very spacious for 4 of us. There are one King size bed on ground level, and a Super Twin + a Twin bed on the upper level~ the beds are comfortable!

The highlight is the view! Simply gorgeous! Lake Hawea is so calm & peaceful~ there's one convenient store at walking distance from the hotel. And we did explore the surrounding a little, it's a very quiet neighborhood, very different from Lake Wanaka.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Rinchen_purple
Reviewed March 20, 2017

Great view, we spend two night at here, when the evening, we sat in the balcony to see the stars, very beautiful. But, no restaurant or supermarket near by the hotel, we have to dinner at hotel, the steak is too salty……

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Joy Z
Reviewed March 17, 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Lake Hawea hotel for two nights, choosing to eat at that hotel on our first night. We arrived at 6.30pm and placed our meal orders at approx 6.45pm. We initially ordered water for our table, followed by two gasses of wine. The water was unreasonably delayed, as was our wine, requiring me to approach the bar for our drinks. Another table close by also enquired & were increasingly frustrated with the non delivery of water, requiring them to share ours. After 8.15pm on further enquiries about our meal, we were informed they had forgotton our meals & apologised, stating it will be quickly supplied. Our meals and drinks were discounted. It was clearly evident other tables were upset at their late delivery of meals and/or lack of waiter service. The lack of service/delivery was extremely unacceptable and if continued will lead to the decline of the business. It is unfortunate considering the hotel location and the excellent views from within.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 394steve00