Lake Hawea Holiday Park(Lake Hawea)(Great Value!)
$46
$38
Agoda.com
Manuka Crescent Motel(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
$78
$71
Fairway Motel(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
$108
Archway Motels(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
$95
Hotels.com
Wanaka Heights Motel(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
$127
$114
Priceline
Lakeview Motel(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
$98
$89
Agoda.com
Alpine Motel Wanaka and Apartments(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
$97
The Moorings(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
$136
All reviewsstunning viewswanaka areaseparate buildingfox glacierfamily roomshared kitchenpeace and quietbeds were comfortablesouth islandbeer gardenminute driveview from the balconydouble bedlaundry facilitieslakeaccommodationnz
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I visited Lake Wanaka last year on a tour of the south island and wondered why people fuss over Queenstown when this gem is so close. Having seen Lake Hawea I now wonder why anyone would bother with Wanaka. Lake Hawea is far more spectacular and ringed by some of the most dramatic mountains. I had a great stay with friends at the Lake Hawea Hotel. The rooms are modern, tasteful and comfortable with superb lake views. The main restaurant and lounge area also over looks the lake and sports two roaring log fires. Lake Hawea Hotel is a great spot to soak up New Zealands striking beauty.

1  Thank SecretsHQ
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Well, not quite... We went to Lake Hawea for a friend's birthday. From the moment we flew in through the spectacular mountain range we new were in for something special. Ant, the owner, has the ability to read the minds of his guests as they first enter the stunning lounge overlooking the Lord of the Rings scenery. Being a hot day he immediately offered me a cold beer for which I couldn't have been more grateful. Throughout my stay, Ant, Kelly and George were clearly there to ensure everyone had everything they could possibly want. From bringing in oysters to organising transport, nothing was too much effort. The wine list is excellent and features heavily from the Central Otago region. The food sources the best of local ingredients and Chef prepares and serves them with panache. Munching on the juicy charcoal grilled lamb rump with an Arkarua pinot noir by the fire as the sun set over the lake was almost transcendental. I heard the prawn curry was a bit confused but I never got there. The rooms are clean, comfortable and tasteful but why would you be in there when you at this exquisite location? There was an absolutely ripping quiz night but I think this may have been a one-off. Lake Hawea is in my top ten ever!

Room Tip: Just ask Ant or Kelly what you're after and I'm sure you'll be happy.
1  Thank Nick H
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Amazing location, beautifully reburbished rooms, crisp sheets, large shower, view to die for, Lovely restaurant with big open fire, superb food, great wine list, excellent service - what more could you want??

Room Tip: As far as I could see all the rooms had a great view - not sure about the lodge part though
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I was driving from Fox Glacier and could not drive anymore and stopped at this hotel by chance. It turned out to be a great choice. I stayed in an updated room overlooking the beautiful lake. The restaurant was outstanding! It is the best meal that I have had since coming to NZ. The staff was excellent and provided outstanding service. The chef acutually checked me in!

Room Tip: Choose the updated room. The rooms are recently done and are beautifully decorated and has an excellent bed.
Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TexHouston
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We loved our two night stay in this recently renovated and refurbished hotel. The setting is absolutely beautiful right at Lake Hawea with breathtaking views from newly renovated rooms. Only about 15 minutes drive from Wanaka, we stopped here on our way to the glaciers. It is a remote location, the town is very small with not much going on as it is mainly a residential area but this is what we wanted.
The room was quite big with a great comfy bed and modern interior. The views are to die for. We also tried out the beer garden the first day for an afternoon snack, the burgers were quite good and huge! The second night we tried the restaurant which had a great view over the lake and the food was really good as well. We didn't try the breakfast so I cannot comment on that. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We can definately recommend this place!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple