“Friendly restaurant with good food”
Review of Avli

Avli
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Agia Anna
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on two afternoons for lunch. We tried sea food, grilled and also home made cooked meals and everything was very good.

All dishes and starters were of nice fresh quality and we enjoyed each item and dish. The staff were friendly and welcoming and prepared to assist with our requests.
You will enjoy a visit to this restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant and his staff were just amazing and incredibly friendly and generous, we went 3 times in a row and enjoyed the fresh fish, salads, desserts and wine..
To choose your fresh fish or sea food they ask you to go to the kitchen and the chef will cook it for you in the best way.
I recommend this local and family restaurant without hesitation! You will love it!

1  Thank Martin D
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

Wandering down the beach at Agia Anna after a swim we stopped at Avli and ordered some lunch. Starters were roasted peppers and aubergine dip. I then selected a dorado from the kitchen which was grilled for me and brought to the table whole along with Naxian fried potatoes and tomatoes, and then the main bones removed by the owner/waiter. My wife’s grilled prawns were just as good! Everything was delicious and really simply prepared , which is the perfect preparation for super-fresh seafood.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

A family run restaurant with the sweetest owners. The stuffed squid was delicious and nothing I’ve ever had before. The Naxos salad was the best salad I’d had my 10 days in Greece! Perfect views of the beach didn’t hurt either. I’m sad I didn’t get back for one more salad before we had to leave.

Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

Where to begin. This was an awful experience from start to finish. After seating ourselves the waitress ignored us for at least 5-10 minutes before acknowledging us. At one point she took menus away from table beside us and took them back inside without even looking at us, even though we needed menus. When I ordered she didnt understand me a few times and looked at me and said what???? very rudely. Made me feel pretty stupid.

Had to remind her of drinks that she forgot and then she took our food to the wrong table. We thought it was strange the table had ordered the same as us but thought it must be a coincidence. For some reason that table ate our food which was not the restaurants fault however nobody realised the mistake and actually took this table their meal next!

Twice the waitress then tried to give us the wrong food and I eventually asked if our food was coming. She exclaimed yes of course it is. We waited 50 minutes and no food arrived.

We told her we believed our food had gone to the wrong table and she looked clueless and just said "oh what did you order again?"

We asked for the bill which she never brought so we left money for the beers on the table and left. Meanwhile other people were trying to get their bill and she ignored them. She forgot to give a table menus and then asked if they were ready to order, tables were not being cleared for over an hour and everyone looked fed up. The owner spent the whole time rolling cigarettes and giving orders rather than helping.

Truly awful. Don't go here. Bad management and bad organisation.