“Could it get any worse ?”

Ostria Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Agia Anna
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: exactly on the beach,with fantastic view of the ocean,cool atmosphere ,nice and friendly service. a place that you can start your day with a big full breakfast,all the kinds of coffee perfect made ,then relax on the beach with a nice cold drink coming up with many choices of snacks and fingerfood. when you will feel real hungry,you have plenty choices of Cycladic and Mediterranean cuisine with a big list of wine.After that brownies or waffle with ice cream will close the day .
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thought I couldn’t go wrong , beautiful setting what more could I ask for .....
I ordered homemade taramas salad with lemon and bread , grilled shrimp Naxos fried potatoes 1/2 litre house white wine !
I was asked if I would like bread with starter ( did it say with bread?????)
I requested that I had that before shrimps, when it arrived it was not what I was expecting a 20cm oblong dish with just bright pink taramas obviously out of a container no lemon or salad leaf insight .
Then a further surprise a bucket shaped metal container with approximately 4 large shrimps hanging over the side and in the bottom aged potato fries ( scraps ) been around sometime with a small shallow dish nestled at the bottom of the bucket filled with oil . The shrimps went from translucent and tepid to over cooked, need I say more . I had to call the waiter over to say I wasn’t happy they didn’t quite get it . I had to ask for a bowl to wash my fingers too ! For compensation they brought me a dish of cheap ice cream smeared with a trickle of sauce which I refused .
I left the table to speak with a senior lady she said they have no complaints before ,that I can’t believe . Paid 27euro for dreadful food , where is Gordon Ramsay when you need him ?

2  Thank Sightsee590219

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Eating delicious food while watching the sun set - fish souvlaki and steak both cooked to perfection and the view is heavenly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Public service announcement: don’t order pizza when on a Greek island. Even if you’ve been in Greece for a while and are starting to get sick of the food... stay true to the traditional Greek meals and don’t order pizza!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We ate at Ostria 3 times during our stay and each time our food was of excellent quality, especially the steak - so tender!.
It is in a perfect spot on the beach where you can watch the sun set whilst enjoying a nice cold beer
The ambience is great and Nicos, the owner, is extremely helpful, very knowledgeable about the area, and happy to chat.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

I had just dropped off my in laws at the airport for the trip back to Denmark and needed a nice spot of lunch on the beach and I got it here. I had the Burger and it was so good I loved it washed down with a couple of large draft beers happy days.

Date of visit: May 2019