All reviews pool area free transport great hotel the bus the location is perfect the owner mini market fresh towels every day nice pool quality hotel enjoyed our stay perfect stay minute walk agios prokopios sandy beach clean rooms naxos town
Reviewed June 20, 2016

brilliant place with spacious rooms, great pool, near the beach and restaurants. and owner maria takes great pride in her work and can't do enough for you. strongly recommended. brother yiannis is the driver and supplies the local restaurants with food from his farm and maria makes home made jams etc for breakfast. you wont starve !!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2015

Excellent service, staff friendly, helpful and welcoming. Maria makes an excellent breakfast - Try the homemade jam or her omelettes.she will make you eggs anyway you like them. The apartments were very clean, big shower, lots of space. Free airport pick up and drop off. Fantastic little place very close to the beach, we are already looking to book to stay here next year when we stop of in Naxos as part of our island hop. The criticism of Maria on other post appears to be unfair from what I have seen she couldn't do enough for you.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2015 via mobile

Beautiful studio with excellent amenities and comforts. Wifi router in room! Lovely dark wood furniture and pale walls. Also, all outside areas tasteful and pristine. Maria and brother Yannis are so kind and helpful. Highly recommended in Naxos.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2015

I just came back from an 8 nights' stay in Anemomilos Hotel, Agia Anna. They offer free transfer from/to the port. You just have to inform Maria in advance about your travel details. I did, so Yiannis (Maria's brother) was waiting for me on my arrival and drop me off to the port on my departure.

I've stayed in room number 20, on the first floor. It was tastefully decorated and it featured a seating area, kitchenette with enough utensils, refrigerator, a dining table, a big bathroom with shower jet, an LCD satellite TV, hairdryer, airconditioning and a private balcony overlooking Naxos chora to the west and the sea of Agia Anna to the east. Everything seemed pretty new at the room. The mattress and pillows were of a good quality and I had a comfortable sleep during my entire stay.
The room was cleaned daily and I never felt like something was missing as the cleaning staff was replacing everything on time.
The wi-fi was free. Its signal was excellent both in the room and the pool area.

Breakfast was served at the reception - pool area, from 8:30 am to 11 am (that was a good thing for me as I don't like to wake up early during my holidays). Maria was always there during breakfast time, willing to do her best to satisfy us all. Breakfast positives : a. ask Maria should you wish an omelet, she will cook it for you at once. b. The marmalade (four different types) were homemade and very delicious. c. Maria cooked an apple pie for us d. She offered bougatsa (it's a typical Greek sweet pie filled with semolina custard) and cheese pie, make sure to try them they are delicious! e. There was always enough food for everyone (even for me, since I was always the last guest to have breakfast)

Although the hotel has a swimming pool with nice sun chairs and umbrellas, I preferred the amazing beach of Agia Anna (it was never too windy there) which is 50 meters away from the hotel. The bus stop to Chora, Agios Prokopios or Plaka beach is also 50 meters from the hotel (outside the mini market where you can buy tickets from).
Agia Anna has a big variety of cafes and restaurants to choose from. You can always ask Maria and she will give you tips of the best restaurants of the area or places worth visiting in Naxos.

Summarizing, I would say that Anemomilos was a very good choice and I'm sure that I will definitely go back on my next trip to Naxos.

Thank you Maria for everything! We'll see each other soon!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Vasso V
Reviewed September 20, 2015

1. The owner maria is really rude and unfriendly. She didnt even say hello. When i asked her for a transport she said its not possible (please note free transport is mentioned in booking). When i asked for another blanket becuase i was freezing she didnt give me one. There was never a smile or a hello. Also the brother is really unfriendly 2. So i booked the room in the sudterrain which is really a room in a cellar. Its completely dark and you have a view on the feet of the people by the pool. There is no bedlight so you see nothin or turn on the big light, then everyone can see into your room. There is no proper curtain either. Being 25 euro mo breakfast included for a hole under the ground is a joke!!! 3. After the second night ther was no cleaning done - i didnt get a new towel, although i put the towel on the floor. This is where i found it again. 4. Noise: the pool. Cleaner gets turned on at 9pm and runs until after midnight so sleeping without earplugs is impossible. On the second they maria had a family gathering in the brakfast room with open doors. This went until after midnight - no chance for sleep either.

• Trip type: Traveled solo