“Good experience”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Richmond
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We visited Gaucho Richmond for the first time on a Thursday night for a special birthday occasion and had a good experience.

We reserved a table for 7pm but ended up being almost 30 minutes late but they still secured the table for us despite it being a relatively busy evening, not sure whether it was because we called them up and warned them beforehand. The service we received was great, shame I don't remember the waitress' name but she made good recommendations, was very friendly and made our experience really enjoyable. The starters and steaks were fantastic, the sides not that great in comparison. The price is on the high end but I think anyone walking into a Gaucho would expect that. All in all, we had a good experience, it is dark in the restaurant but I think it adds to the atmosphere. Would definitely go back for another special occasion.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed April 19, 2013

It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was very busy. The steak was great. The service was good. The highlight was the chauffeur driven golf cart from the restaurant to Richmond bridge after the meal. Don't go if your vegan or have an issue with spending a bit more for steak.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been here a few times, and as long as you stick to the classic steaks, the food is delicious. I have also always experienced good service. However, the price rockets once you add wine, starters and even side dishes. At the end, there is always 'bill shock'. This is why I think it may be better suited to business meals on expenses.

I had a mixed platter this time, and found one of the three steak cuts to be almost impossible to eat because it was to chewy. The waiter acknowledged that the cut could be like that, so I just wonder why it's included in the platter. The other two cuts were characteristically tasty.

Overall, I have mixed feelings. I do like the filet, sirloin and rump cuts, and the quality of the other food, but I just think the whole experience is over-priced. This spoils it for me, and I'm not sure I'll be returning or recommending it.

2  Thank dialoguetraveller
Reviewed April 15, 2013

There seems to be no problem filling this restaurant so I guess they don’t feel they have to try so hard but I can’t see the attraction. This beef is good but how hard is that to achieve? The seats are uncomfortable, the service average, its expensive for what it is and they accidently double charged the drinks bill! There must be somewhere better to spend your money.

2  Thank Cork2Galway1
Reviewed April 12, 2013

With stunning views to top it all off, we were a party of 6 celebrating my birthday at Gaucho's a couple of weeks ago. Food was superb, service was very prompt, the catering staff accomodated us well with the Birthday cake at no extra charge (unlike many other restaurants which charge for the service!).

They were more than happy to arrange a cab to pick us up and drop us off anywhere we liked. The driver even collected us in person from the restaurant - so no worries about which way you're walking when you've had a few too many! All in all an amazing night which I will be doing again! :) 5*