“Fantastic”
Review of Pizzeria Rustica

Pizzeria Rustica
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pizzeria Rustica - a popular award-winning Italian restaurant in southwest London - is located between Richmond Green and the Richmond rail station in The Quadrant. Renowned for its gourmet pizzas and atmospheric dining room, Pizzeria Rustica is run by the team from Osteria Pulcinella and Brocca Antica, two other local restaurants that have been successfully embraced by pizza and pasta loving locals and critics alike. Perfect for corporate entertaining or dinner parties, this family-run restaurant also serves pasta, salad and homemade puddings, and the interior is a down-to-earth space with golden yellow walls and candlelit wooden tables. Pizzeria Rustica has an excellent range of Italian beers and wines, and this affordable restaurant has become a firm favourite on the Richmond dining scene.
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my family for my birthday. Simply divine pizzas and a great atmosphere. It was very busy, but the service was still great. I recommend the 2007 pizza and the chocolate ice cream.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Pizza Rustica is a favourite of ours. We visit monthly at least. Each time the food is delicious and never disappoints. The wine and prosecco is good and the price is very good for fresh and yummy Italian food. We love the seafood soup, seafood linguine, all pizzas are authentic and the garlic bread is amazing. It's always lively and the staff are very friendly.

1  Thank Sheena634
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I use to go to this restaurant regularly, up to about 10 years ago.

About 6 week ago I had a meeting in Richmond and decided to take college, also Italian to Rustica for a pizza.
It was almost 4 o'clock in the afternoon and understandably the place was empty. The waiter was very plesent, the pizza not as I remembered but sort of ok.

I happened to visit again yesterday...
This time 2 o'clock and the restaurant quite busy. I was on my own and just wanted a quick pizza, hopefully not as doughy as last time.
The pizza took the good part of an hour to arrive to the table, after ordering. Note: Other people arrived after me had their pizza way before me.
Pizza, doughy and undercooked.
Waiter distracted and absent, I asked for some cillies that never arrived.

Sorry, but I was not impressed!!

1  Thank ilikemyfood_11
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I've been here several times now and really enjoy the ambiance and service. The pizzas are always good, the service is quick and with a smile, and the price is reasonable. One minor gripe I have is that I would like to see the menu change more frequently (or have specials on there) as I seem to have the same pizza every time!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Booked a table for 8pm, myself and my partner. Heard rave reviews about this place so went in with slightly high expections; we weren't disappointed.
Seated quickly, as many have said the tables are very close together, so throughout the meal we were a little uncomfortable but nothing to complain about. Ordered wine, and a garlic bread to share. Both came promptly; the wine was excellent, presented, poured and refilled all for us! The garlic bread was a sizeable portion, nice and thin and crispy, albeit a little dry. Throughout the meal the service was attentive without being annoying, which suits us perfectly.
Mains came, and oh wow! I was blown away. I had the pollo reigne (??) a chicken dish with spinach, pumpkin sauce and stuffed with goats cheese. It was amazing, simply the best dish I've ever had in a restaurant. Moist, succulent meat cooked to perfection. My other half went simple and had the spaghetti bolognese; he loved it, Very flavoursome and filling.
Too full for dessert, we paid our very reasonable bill and headed home, very happy.
The only thing I'd change is the layout; there really isn't room to swing a cat!