Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for lunch today with my family. Everything was absolutely delicious. We started with the vegetable gyoza, soft shell crab and spicy edamame. Then we had the special bento box, black cod and spicy noodle soup. The fish melted in my mouth- it tasted so fresh. Lovely ambience and friendly service. Highly recommend anytime in Richmond.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (115)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I ate here upon recommendation of a friend. We were in a group of four. Service was friendly and sincere, though our initial request for a booth table was not fulfilled. Fortunately, we were able to move there later during the evening. Without doubt I would say go into a booth area as the floor space is tight throughout and it overall suffers from less disturbance.

Food choices were very good, but truthfully, I think you can do much better. Whilst the Japanese listings were in abundance, the flavours were lacking. Teriyaki chicken was a poor attempt. Tempura was good but yakitori let it down again. Even an establishment like the Waggamamma chain does a better job in my opinion, and for half the price. Sorry to give a comparison like this but based on something as simple as even gyoza, these were my findings.

It was very clean inside, extremely minimalistic but pleasantly styled and bathrooms were immaculate.

Would I be in a hurry to return here? Quite simply no, I believe there is better out there
With a more authentic approach.

2  Thank FairCritique4U
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very good sushi, and a nice atmosphere. The service is more homely than restaurant but overall it’s adds to the experience. It’s actually reasonably priced for Richmond, you could get slicker service at Sushi Samba for twice the money. It’s a great local place and worth a visit

1  Thank CJTW
Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

The has been a firm favourite of ours for many years - recently refurbished the restaurant looks great and the quality of sashimi and sushi remains as excellent as ever - best in south west london

Date of visit: December 2019
2  Thank neiltU4895AB
Reviewed December 29, 2019

Found this place online while out in Richmond and took a punt and walked over.
Quiet spot; only a couple of covers in there on a Wed in December, but doing a huge party takeaway order at the same time which seemed to be stressing people in the kitchen out.
Friendly couple front of house, who were attentive and let us dilly dally over what we wanted to eat and drink, but once the food arrived, it just got better and better. Tempura was so light and fluffy, sashimi was gorgeous but the special roll was unreal.
Would def go back. Bet a lunch there would be a treat, too. Not cheap but worth it. Great find.

Date of visit: December 2019