“good food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Buvette

La Buvette
Reserve with OpenTable
La Buvette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Intimate, friendly and informal bistro serving regional French cuisine.
London
“good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

David and I went there last evening at 7.45 and by 8pm it was really buzzing, well a bit noisy actually. I had a Kir Royal to begin and D had a carafe of nice St Verran @ £22.50.Good it was. We both had the same starters and mains, the excellent as always fish soup and a nice piece of filletted Brill(my 1st time). Expensive but good @ £22. Coffee and desserts were quite good. I had the caramel and walnut tart. I suggested to the waitress that Pecan would have been much tastier. Always worth a visit. Had not been there for a few weeks. Total bill was £120 incl service.

• Visited May 2013

“Fantastic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We visited the restaurant for my boyfriends birthday and had to say couldn't fault a thing. The food was fantastic, delicious ox tongue and fantastic spicy lamb. There was a mix up with pudding and the manager happily bought over the correct one even after we'd eaten all of the first! Our waitress was just finishing a 12 hour shift but couldn't have been sweeter despite obviously being knackered! We visited last year and I have to say the food left a little to be desired but they've clearly done a lot of work to improve. Definitely returning.

London, England
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went here with my wife and friends to celebrate her birthday, and had a wonderful evening.

The staff were very friendly, the menu had a good choice and was reasonable value, and the food was delicious. The onglet was one of the tastiest that I've had, and the puddings were amazing.

The restaurant is tucked away down a pedestrian alleyway, so you wouldn't normally stumble across it, but I would certainly recommend La Buvette for anyone that is looking to eat out in Richmond.

windsor, berkshire
“Wonderful fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

6 of us went yesterday evening to this delightful little restaurant in centre of Richmond. The menu was small which I prefer as this means freshly cooked food. Our fish was delicious, the vegetables were perfect and the desserts were wonderful. Not only did we receive a Kir for registering online, but we were given a small pack of sweet biscuits when we left. The service was attentive and efficient and they made sure that we had our meal promptly as we were going to the theatre afterwards. We'll all definitely be back!!

London, United Kingdom
“Strange answer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

A visit for dinner on 7th April 2013. On seating I enquired about the offer of a free glass of kir producing my gold AA membership card from where I had heard of the offer the waitress took my card and disappeared for a short while on return she said we have checked and we have no dealings with the AA. ok no problem it's only kir I just thought I would sample something for free for a change.The waiter did eventually bring us two glasses of kir I honestly can't see the benefit of this offer as the drink was truly awful. However the meals , starter ,main and deserts were of a fairly high order whilst eating my starter my gaze fell on the AA sticker in the window ,,strange that as they have nothing to do with the AA. Downsides ,,are our seating area resembled a living room with tables shoehorned into it The bill was around £95 so you think £100 would cover the bill and tips,,check the bill