“Excellent Mother's Day Lunch”
Review of Hand and Flower

Hand and Flower
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

After learning of this pub on the AA Pub Guide I thought it would be a good idea to give it a try.

What a good move this proved to be.

This is a REALLY hospitable pub. Not exactly the largest bar area, but without doubt the staff and food are excellent and as such, the main proportion of the space available is used for the restaurant.

I would like to congratulate whoever has set this pub up, as it is perfect.

No request was too much trouble for the staff and the quality of the food was unquestionable.

The bill was also very fair for what we had.

I am already looking forward to returning and enjoying myself just as much again.

1  Thank RIchardHCarr

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Absolutely the best roasties I have ever had in a pub. The restaurant was busy, yet the service was excellent, the pork belly and sea bass were lovely. And we were so impressed that even catering for the numbers there were, the vegetables were perfectly cooked. Top marks guys! And thanks for the warm welcome for the dog. We were very happy sitting in the bar with her happily snoozing after a long walk.

1  Thank kewcat
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The Sunday lunch menu finishes at 6, but we ate from the main menu and enjoyed a good meal. There is a Sunday evening jam session, from 6-9pm.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Had our company Christmas party in the restaurant part of the pub. Food was excellent, staff amazingly helpful. We had an amazing time, giving Top Marks to this place. Will be coming again..

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went to lunch with a colleague and we both had a sandwich in a ciabatta. I had the steak and caramelised onions and she had the chicken club. There were a good size, but I found out quite quickly that mine was filled more with salad and mayonnaise than with steak! The waitress had asked me at the time of order how I wanted the steak done, she needn't have bothered, it was almost non existent, and what there was was also accompanied by a bit of nerve or fat which was no edible. My colleague liked hers though. Also, I found the food came far too quickly which makes me think it was all pre-cooked, hence my lukewarm bits of steak. We also had orange juices to drink and these tasted full of sugar. First and last visit I think!