“Fab, fun, fantastic!!”

Back of Beyond Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Truly wonderful canoe, kayak and paddle board adventures in Richmond upon Thames, London… Whether you are after a gentle introduction to kayaking or an active office Summer party or some inspiring SUP Yoga with some pretty great people, you have come to the right place. Back of Beyond Adventures operates most of it’s activities on Old Father Thames from Petersham Meadows, near Richmond. The area offers paddlers an opportunity to explore a part of the Thames that is rich with history and wildlife. All age groups and level of skill and ability are welcome and whatever you are looking for when you are here – a personal challenge, active team meetings or just plain old adventurous fun, you’ll have a great time.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab, fun, fantastic!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Apsolutely loved this trip!! My husband and I went on the one to Eel Pie Island on 14/9/13. We were greeted by the owner, Piers, who was warm, welcoming and great fun. Very well organised with great introductory overview of using the canoe etc. I loved this trip because I'd wanted to do one like this for so long, living nearby, and never have - so glad I did this!! It has definately given my husband and I the bug and will be coming back for more!! Highly recommend!! :)

Visited September 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An idyllic day on the river”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We sneaked on the Eel Pie Island trip at really late notice because of a cancellation on one of the nicest days of the year. We also got a discount which was an added bonus!

I wasn't sure what to expect but it turned out to be absolutely brilliant experience. Piers is a top chap and made the whole experience.

It was fun and pitched at just the right level for any level. Parking was nice and straightforward, all the equipment was of a good standard and I felt really safe. We had a bit of an orientation before and Piers even managed to make something a bit dry and boring a giggle. The actually paddling was at a nice relaxed pace and he made sure to look out for all members of the group. iHe really judged the self paddle vs. tour guide well. The stop at the pub was a great addition to the itinerary, just enough time for a drink and refresh.

I could have done a full day i loved it so much. Would highly recommend this to tourists and locals alike

1 Thank KellyPhillips03
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best rainy day I have ever had!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Well, I have to admit that I was not looking forward to kayaking yesterday when we arrived in River Lane as it was pouring down and I was already soaking wet before even reaching the Thames! However previous rowers and Piers' enthusiasm helped me to go ahead with the Eel Pie Island trip, It was fantastic, lovely company, great scenery, picturesque pub and interesting stories. Best afternoon in the rain I could think of, you genuinely get warmer and forget about the rain... Would do it again next year, a bit longer for a whole day... Thank you Piers.

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“On the Thames”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had a great canoe trip on the Thames with Piers as our guide. He was a teacher, positive, passionate and was great to lead the trip around Eel pie island.
we all learned something too...even how competive two of my friends were who won the 'race'. Thank you Piers!

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent trip, thanks so much”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

As everyone else says, Piers is a fantastic guide for this really enjoyable trip, great value for money, would definitely recommend to everyone!