“Great Meal, Great Service”
Review of Pier 1

Pier 1
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived in a large group of 15+ after a long day and wanted something that was quick and tasty. This place delivered.
The menu had great variety.I had a perfect battered cod, it was light and crispy but not too oily. The whole family seemed to have no complaints with the food. To my surprise the desserts were quite good too. I would recommend the berry crumble.
The service was very fast and the hosting was friendly, especially considering the large number of people they had to serve.
This restaurant will provide a very pleasant meal, especially of your after something simple but refined.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Really enjoyed my evening the prawn in batter with chilli was amazing the rest of the food was just as scrumptious and the service was spot on. I would definately go again and also recommend this to a friend.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We visited pier1 based on the reviews while researching the area for the best places to eat following our stay for the weekend as my friend was getting married. The service was better than we've had at 5* hotels! Friendly, attentive and great food cooked to perfection. Lovely atmosphere too. Will definitely come again and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys traditional fish and chips in a clean modern restaurant.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food amazing service could not fault it. I didn't expect the food to be so nice.
The staff was very friendly and felt very welcome with our 4 year old. Definitely best fish and chips Iv had!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The worst meal I have ever had in a restaurant and the worst review I hope ever to have to write:
First course: grilled prawns. 4 small prawns, over grilled, rubbery and flavourless. I asked for non dipping sauce but they brought it anyway.
Second course: as the first course was minimalist and disappointing I ordered some whitebait, a dish I have often in fish restaurants. A plate of wizened, dried up and flavourless fish arrived. They had hardly any batter, were not hot and had no flavour whatsoever. The texture was like sawdust. I left them.
When the waitress cleared away she said she would deduct them from the bill but then promptly returned to say the chef would not allow it, and charged me in full.
The waitress was fine, but the delivery of the food was very slow although there was only 1 other table of people in the restaurant.
A truly appalling meal.