“Very good. Decent food at a reasonable price”

Taj Mahal Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established since 1966. Refurbished for 2012. Taj Mahal Restaurant is the oldest and finest Indian restaurant in Richmond.
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Just the job after watching the rugby. Good food reasonable price. Small restaurant so probably best to book.

1  Thank Benmo29

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I went to this place with my husband and kid. It's the best food I have tasted for a long time! We ordered karahi chicken tikka which had amazing flavours, we will be ordering that again next visit for sure. The service was excellent, very friendly staff. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I think I'd read the reviews on here and hoped for more. The service was mixed, a couple of the waiters were really efficient and friendly but one really didn't want to be there and practically threw some cuttlery at us! The food was tasty, but my bhindi (okra) were over cooked and a bit slimey (which is easy to do with bhindi but I've eaten better elsewhere). Our food was also a bit cold, not enough to send back (it wasn't cold) but it was just luke warm, which made me think it had sat out a while before being delivered to our table. The drinks and food were reasonably priced, and its a good Indian restaurant - but it isn't amazing.

2  Thank alwaysonholiday24
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is all about the food. The decor of the resturant will not pull you in but make sure you visit.
I had my favuourite indian meal of Chicken Shashlik and don't think that I have had it better anywhere else. The staff are tremendous particularly one waiter who advised me that my meal was to dry and that I should add a small curry to improve it. WOW what a call as it made all the differance.
Very impressed as restaurants like these are hard to find. Authentic, well priced with staff really wanting to make sure you enjoy your meal. Its quite a basis looking restaurant but get passed this and your laughing. Also like the menu as not the usual 800 pages in an Indian restaurant...clear and simple the way I like it. Wil be back!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

great service, tasty food, and reasonable price. would come back when feeling like cozy Indian. not fancy like the neighbor Swagat but very comfy Indian.