“Pre-Theatre Bite”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Duke Pub

The Duke Pub
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Pre-Theatre Bite”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Have been here a few times now and always had good food and service. This time made a mistake in ordering off the pre-theatre menu - I couldn't find the fish in my fish pie! But the service was good and the food reasonably priced if small on portion size! The dining room was quiet, but the bar was buzzing. Would probably just order off the main menu next time.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Helen S

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Extensive menu but only 1 thing I could eat”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The ambiance was great and the staff were efficient and friendly but because of food sensitivities, there was only one thing on the whole menu I could eat. Increasingly, these dietary problems are becoming more common. Cote is the only chain that seems to take it seriously

London
“Great Veggie Sunday Roast!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Being a veggie, it is not always easy to find a pub that does a Sunday Roast with such enthusiasm... My husband and I had tried a couple of times to have lunch there but it was always full.We should have booked but we don't always know our plans in advance.
This particular Sunday, we took a chance and found a table for four. The waitresses and the bar staff were wonderful.Very quick and very attentive.
Our food arrived -yummy-but my plate came with lashings of gravy, which I do not like!
When our waitress came by to ask if everything was ok; I explained...in a few minutes I had another plate of delicious food bar the gravy! That's what I call service!! And she was smiling...
We had a lovely time- the place was buzzing with people eating,talking and enjoying themselves.
We will definitely go again. They must be doing something right- this place is always packed!

• Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Good Serice and Nice steak”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Went for dinner with 6 friends last night. Excellent friendly service. Had bread and olives to share and the majority had steak for main, which were all cooked perfectly. Been many times and will go again soon.

• Visited December 2012
Townsville, Australia
“Good Food & Friendly Service”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The local ale was fantastic. Could not stop myself having 6 schooners in two hours.
Sunday roast was very good although they were quite reluctant when I asked for some extra gravy.
Sticky toffee pud was amazing.
Waitress was friendly Manager was grumpy but I didnt mind the place was packed for Sunday lunch.

• Visited December 2012