“A great experience every time!!”

Amadora Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Amadora is a great little place that won in the 'Best Start Up' catagory in the Richmond Business Awards 2012. It is a quaint little grade 2 listed buidling.With Beautiful Italian food, home made by Italian chefs. Italian waiters to help you with your Italian speaking! With a tiny little stair case and charming old floor boards. Its a great place to entertain, to wine and dine, for a very romatic meal or just a quick bite to eat. Recently very popular for business clients to entertain and have group parties due to our upstairs seating.
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I have a regular weekly get together at Amadora, we have always enjoyed our experience. The food is always fantastic, the service is so friendly always smiling staff! It's always a great experience at great prices for great food!!

Keep up the great work!!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went here with my wife on a Bank Holiday Monday for lunch and ended up wishing we hadn't! Service was friendly enough but very poor. Orders were forgotten, menus were given out despite having already ordered, wrong plates served etc. Not to mention having to wait 20 mins for the starters and a further 30 mins for the main courses!
All this might have been forgiven had the food been good - it wasn't. Not by a long shot. Bread was at least a day old (being kind), my wife's scallops with grapefruit didn't work and both main courses (mushroom risotto and salmon pasta) lacked flavour and were v disappointing. My wife had to pour the whole bowl of Parmesan in her risotto just to give it some taste!
And all this comes at a price too! They even had the cheek to add a service charge which I had removed.
Hopefully this was just an off day because overall this was a poor restaurant experience.

4  Thank Rorski1
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I, when ever possible, prefer to support independant restaurants rather then the high street chains. We went for the taster menu here which consisted of 2 huge portions of stodge, one of tastless, raw deep fried chicken, deep fried aubergine and deep fried biscotti (yes, biscotti - a take on the mars bar, I guess!) with only a lettuce leaf to accompany and cake to finish it all off. We left having paid an extortionate amout wishing we had gone for a reliable chain! Hell, we would have eaten better at KFC!

4  Thank Melurika
Angelo D, Owner at Amadora Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Hi,

Apologies that you did not enjoy the meal. It was a regional night. We do a different region every month. The food and wine is all from that area. We were doing 4 course supper club and the wine tasting for £29.95 which is very very reasonably priced and it allows you to try different cuisine for different areas.

I urge that you try us again on the 20th June we have another wine tasting. If you would like to come it would be fab to see you there. If you do not like it I will make sure that you do not pay for it. I cannot be more fair than that... I truly hope to see you there...

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked with LastMinute.com on an offer that said any 3 courses off the menu for £22.95 plus a glass of Prosecco....but when I got there it was only a choice of veg soup or tomato & mozzarella salad (no dressing) for starter and 3 basic pastas - bolognese, carbonara, neapolitan for mains with Tiramisu or Mousse for desert. I had this with a bottle of standard Valpolicella (no coffee) yet the bill came to £76! Like the previous reviewer I felt this was poor value and felt a little cheated. To be honest you could easily have made this basic fare at home or had it much cheaper at Zizzi ASK or any of the other pasta chains. The a la carte menu was also limited and not challenging - again food most people could easily make at home. Portions were small, Food & Service were average, although I did spill a glass of Prosecco talking to the waiter and this was not replaced and we had to wait quite a while for desert and the bill. The owner was friendly and obviously made a big effort but my advice to him would be either to offer better value or make more interesting food if you want people to come back, which sadly I won't!

3  Thank Caitlin K

Hi Caitlin,

I am sorry that you thought this was poor value for money. As I explained to you on the phone before you booked the lastminute.com deal was something that we were not running at £22.95 but we had two menus one that was more for lunch that you chose that was 3 courses and prosecco at £19.95 and the new evening set menu 3 courses and prosecco at £25.95.

With regards to the value you had 3 courses and a glass of prosecco each and a bottle of wine to share at just over £35 a head on a weekend evening which for that quantity of food is not too bad looking at other restaurants in the area.

With regards to the portion size I am very surprised that this was the case as usually most people tell us our portions are so large that cannot manage them!

However we try to make sure that everyone that comes through our doors has a good time. So we would love the opportunity to make it up to you for a free meal for two whenever you wish. Please ask to speak to Amrit.

Thanks

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We booked with Top Table for a three course meal with a glass of Prosecco for £22. The set menu was very disappointing. Soup of tomatoes and mozzarella salad followed by a selection of pasta dishes and rather limited puddings. Given the A La Carte prices, this was poor value and a unexciting prospect. Unsurprisingly, we chose to go A La Carte which was presumably what they wanted us to do. Can't help feeling conned.

The food was well cooked by unexciting. Service was good. Won't be going back

3  Thank Boudicca1952
amrit d, Owner at Amadora Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Dinner,

At Amadora Richmond, all our pastas are homemade and fresh. We focus on getting our produce in as regularly as possible. Hence why our menu is small. We have the set menu largley for those that wish to go to the theatre or cinema, as we are partners with the Richmond Theatre. This is there mainly for the speed that it can come out. It is a small menu but then our A La Carte is also a small list, because unlike most resturants it is all made fresh and nothing is pre-cooked.

Please do call in and ask for Amrit the owner and I will make certain that there is anything you request made ready for you on the day you wish to dine with us. I hope you take me up on this offer.

Thanks