All reviews the river afternoon tea the penthouse river view room beautiful hotel small balcony english hotel fabulous views set menu richmond park special occasion table service scones car park service charge breakfast room poached eggs
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2019

We stayed as a 3-generation family & we were given rooms next to each other, which was much appreciated. Our group included 3 children under 9, without exception all the staff were great with the children, which enabled the rest of us to relax & enjoy our stay more. The beds were very comfortable. The location & views are superb. The breakfast was excellent with good quality ingredients and endless tea & toast. A great place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2019

I booked for a special birthday dinner for 12 and was put in a very nice room just off main restaurant- perfect. The problem was the terrible food and very slow service. I realise they were short staffed but the wait was not acceptable. It was expensive and disappointing- great position so please try harder

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Katherine C
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

I booked a junior suite at the Petersham for the night before and night of my wedding in Richmond. When we arrived we were greeted warmly at reception and swiftly checked in to our room on the 3rd floor. The room was lovely with a balcony overlooking Richmond.

On the day of the wedding myself, bridesmaids, hair & makeup artists and photographers were all in the room and it was definately big enough. The staff at the hotel were very helpful on the day as we had to call a few times to get different things brought to the room.

We had breakfast at the hotel on both mornings, I had a full english on each occasion. The food was delicious and I would go back there to have lunch / dinner on another occasion to try it out.

The hotel exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to people visiting Richmond.

As it was our wedding day the hotel also left us a gift in the room which was a very nice touch. Thank you

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2019

Location is excellent but the hotel itself is a little charmless and lacking in warmth of welcome. Standard rooms seem very dark and dull as they face woodlands and outbuildings , which reduce light and offer no view. This is not made clear on the hotel website..Rooms have basic facilities but only cheap coffee sachets etc. Dinner menu is interesting and the soft shelled crab superb.
On balance a little underwhelming.

Room tip: Avoid standard woodland facing rooms as they are dark and gloomy. Check whichway your room will face when you book!
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2019

Spent one night is this beautiful hotel that has perfect views over a bend in the River Thames. Our room was not the largest but had all of the usual conveniences including a safe, kettle, trouser press and hairdryer and shampoos etc.
The hotel is located on a steep hill which means an easy walk into Richmond town but a steep climb back. Richmond has plenty of beautiful areas, restaurants and pubs and definitely worth exploring. The large park is also very near with the likely sighting of deer.
Car parking is straightforward and free (a bonus) requiring one to register when checking in.
Breakfast was plentiful and professionally served. Not the cheapest of hotels and maybe next time I would pay extra to stay in a larger room but I have no complaints.

Overall a pleasant stay in a friendly and quiet hotel set in a beautiful setting.

Room tip: Great views at breakfast if by the window
Date of stay: March 2019