“Beautiful Hotel in a beautiful location”

The Petersham Hotel
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed 5 nights and loved every minute. The staff were friendly and efficient. The location is great, and only a short pleasant walk alongside the Thames to Richmond and the station. The beds are extremely comfortable, the bed linen gorgeous and the towels the fluffiest ever! The breakfast room has a wonderful view over the river and the breakfast is excellent with a huge choice of great English food.
We were there to visit family nearby and to enjoy London. It is easy to get to London by train and it is also on the bus route between Richmond and Kingston.

We would love to stay there again .

1  Thank PatriciaJoy
There are newer reviews for The Petersham Hotel

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for a little break before having my baby. The hotel is in a brilliant location, walking distance to the river, shops and Richmond Pk.
We had a great dinner and breakfast in restaurant, although the head waiter was little scary.
Room was lovely and fairly spacious, we wish we upgraded to the river view room - next time!
Overall great and will return hopefully soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Petersham last December following our works Christmas Party. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. We had a standard room, which was fairly basic, but had everything we needed for a decent night’s sleep. All the staff seemed very pleasant and helpful. Unfortunately we didn't get chance to dine or have breakfast as we had to leave fairly early. Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are in the Richmond area, it was reasonably priced and well located near to Richmond centre.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding and enjoyed it very much. Room was small but fine, bathroom was lovely and recently redone. Common areas are pretty and the view from the restaurant was spectacular but what makes this hotel is the staff. The receptionist recognised me from the week before, Eddie the concierge arranged a car from the wedding venue and greeted me by name at the door. Rather impressive as he had never laid eyes on me prior to that moment. They arranged a quick room service meal in the afternoon, which was delicious and after the wedding the bartender sent me up to my room with olives, crisps and a few pepsi to fend off a hangover. Bless him. The breakfast team were a little groggy, but I would be to. It was early. Breakfast was quiet, pleasant and tasty. I will be staying her again and again. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here to enjoy a weekend break to Richmond upon Thames and see Lady Gaga. It is a great location with beautiful views of the meadows and Thames. And 15 mins from the centre of town or Richmond park.

The staff were excellent and always very attentive and offering to help.

The room was a little small but had everything you would need, the bathroom and tub were very spacious.

The hotel is beautiful inside and out.

We arrived a little early for checkin, and as they were full the previous night we had to wait until 2pm (which is the usual checkin time) just a shame we couldn't get in early. We had some drinks on their terrace which had a great view.

The only disappointment was the view from our room, which was slightly obscured by a roof top, and next to a function room. If I went back which I would I would ask for a room on a higher floor. I would have taken the trouble to move rooms but after waiting just wanted to have some lunch!

I would recommend and would like to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor
1  Thank samdixey2001
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had our wedding ceremony and dinner (for 18) at the Petersham this weekend and it was PERFECT!! The staff were all incredible - friendly, discreet, helpful and made our day even more wonderful. The hotel has a very special Victorian, historical and grand feeling. We had a 3 course meal which was delicious and were served beautifully by a team of 3 staff. My husband and I also stayed overnight and the room was fantastic - a treat! We had brekfast overlooking the most beautiful view of the Thames on a sunny Sunday morning and I didn't want it to end!! I would recommend the Petersham in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the Thames.
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I've stayed at the Petersham many times, and it is one of my two favorite hotels in the area (alongside The Bingham). The views over Petersham hill, all the way down to the Thames (on a clear day) are unparalleled. The restaurant is very good as well. The staff is helpful, and there's WiFi -- although the reception is less than stellar especially in rooms on the third floor.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business