Richmond Hill Hotel
  • Pool
The Petersham Hotel(Richmond-upon-Thames)
Bingham(Richmond-upon-Thames)
  • Restaurant
Riverside Hotel - Richmond(Richmond-upon-Thames)
Richmond Park Hotel(Richmond-upon-Thames)
  • Breakfast included
    Richmond Inn Hotel(Richmond-upon-Thames)
    The Red Cow(Richmond-upon-Thames)
    • Bar/Lounge
    1,661 results
    All reviewsrichmond hillthe riverlovely hotelchristmas partythrough secret escapeshealth clubleisure centrejunior suitecourse dinnerbooked this hotelcar parkingcomfy bedafternoon teasandwicheswedding receptionlovely roomtown centre
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed October 18, 2010

Last weekend I stayed at Richmond Hill Hotel for the first time and I really appreciated this very British oasis above the River Thames so much. Richmond Hill Hotel was recommended to me by a friend who knew that I visit London frequently. It is the perfect counterpart to hectic London – a place to relax, calm down and enjoy traditional British lifestyle. You are in the middle of wonderful nature while business in London is only 20 minutes away. The hotel itself is a perfect place to stay and above all I will always remember the overwhelming obliging service and the friendliness of the staff. 10 out 10 points!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed October 12, 2010

From the minute I arrived at the hotel I was met with great customer service and I really felt wanted. The staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble especially when I had forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste. Breakfast was great value for money, there was too much choice but definately set me up for the day. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
    Reviewed September 23, 2010

I spent three days in this wonderful, friendly and well located hotel. Just as others have noted, your hosts could not be friendlier, the atmosphere is delightful, and breakfast is delicious and completely filling for the day. I also very much enjoyed your Health Club where I went swimming every morning. In short - the Richmond Hill Hotel is the perfect place to relax and revive your soul. I will defintely come back to Richmond :)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
    1  Thank Bibi131
    Reviewed September 19, 2010

I don't know where to start... Lets start with the positives I guess. The hotel is situated in a quiet location with easy access via car. They do have a car park which is free, although there are not many spaces so if there is a wedding or function when you book, you may not find a parking space. There is a bus service which goes past near the hotel frequently which can take you into Richmond city centre.

And thats about it really......

The bad, well first off the place is really tired and just looks like it needs a good old scrub. the staff the the reception desk are just rude and unhelpful. They made no attempt to look at me and talk, rather talk to their colleague about what they are going to do later that evening and then as an after thought asking me to produce my credit card and such details. Neither did anyone ask me or my partner if we needed a hand with our luggage which we managed to drag in. We finally recieved the card for the room, and again dragged our luggage into the tiny lift and up into our room. The room again was tired, dated and just falling apart. There also was a faint smell in the room, which wasn't pleasant either.

In the morning at breakfast we made the mistake of actually turning up to have breakfast and being an inconvinience to the staff there. as when we asked for tea the waitress merely looked at us sighed and walked off. This was basically the tone of their behaviour and mannerisms for the rest of the morning and every other morning. On 2 occassions when we arrived back in the evening the Towels has not been replaced, even though the dirty towels had been taken and also bins not emptied.
    I could go on and on, with many more things, however I will some up with this. The hotel is overpriced, old, dingy, dated, smells and unpleasant staff. Will definately not be going back to this hotel EVER, even if it was free with sugar on top!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank irfy835824
    Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stayed here overnight as my partner had a job interview. Richmond is a stunning place and this hotel is in a good location. When we arrived there was a wedding reception taking place and we thought that we wouldn't get any sleep and bearing in mind we were on the same floor we didn't hear a thing.

The rooms were not huge but then it was only overnight that we were staying.

Hotel looked clean and tidy and the staff were friendly on check in.

We didn't use the hotel bar or restaurant as we arrived late evening so couldn't comment. Parking was free at the front of the hotel which is a bonus for the London area.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we were in the Richmond area as it is ideally situated for many attractions.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple