“Fantastic Hotel in Richmond - simply the best!”

Richmond Hill Hotel
Reviewed October 12, 2010

From the minute I arrived at the hotel I was met with great customer service and I really felt wanted. The staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble especially when I had forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste. Breakfast was great value for money, there was too much choice but definately set me up for the day. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,562)

Reviewed September 23, 2010

I spent three days in this wonderful, friendly and well located hotel. Just as others have noted, your hosts could not be friendlier, the atmosphere is delightful, and breakfast is delicious and completely filling for the day. I also very much enjoyed your Health Club where I went swimming every morning. In short - the Richmond Hill Hotel is the perfect place to relax and revive your soul. I will defintely come back to Richmond :)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Bibi131
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I don't know where to start... Lets start with the positives I guess. The hotel is situated in a quiet location with easy access via car. They do have a car park which is free, although there are not many spaces so if there is a wedding or function when you book, you may not find a parking space. There is a bus service which goes past near the hotel frequently which can take you into Richmond city centre.

And thats about it really......

The bad, well first off the place is really tired and just looks like it needs a good old scrub. the staff the the reception desk are just rude and unhelpful. They made no attempt to look at me and talk, rather talk to their colleague about what they are going to do later that evening and then as an after thought asking me to produce my credit card and such details. Neither did anyone ask me or my partner if we needed a hand with our luggage which we managed to drag in. We finally recieved the card for the room, and again dragged our luggage into the tiny lift and up into our room. The room again was tired, dated and just falling apart. There also was a faint smell in the room, which wasn't pleasant either.

In the morning at breakfast we made the mistake of actually turning up to have breakfast and being an inconvinience to the staff there. as when we asked for tea the waitress merely looked at us sighed and walked off. This was basically the tone of their behaviour and mannerisms for the rest of the morning and every other morning. On 2 occassions when we arrived back in the evening the Towels has not been replaced, even though the dirty towels had been taken and also bins not emptied.
I could go on and on, with many more things, however I will some up with this. The hotel is overpriced, old, dingy, dated, smells and unpleasant staff. Will definately not be going back to this hotel EVER, even if it was free with sugar on top!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank irfy835824
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stayed here overnight as my partner had a job interview. Richmond is a stunning place and this hotel is in a good location. When we arrived there was a wedding reception taking place and we thought that we wouldn't get any sleep and bearing in mind we were on the same floor we didn't hear a thing.

The rooms were not huge but then it was only overnight that we were staying.

Hotel looked clean and tidy and the staff were friendly on check in.

We didn't use the hotel bar or restaurant as we arrived late evening so couldn't comment. Parking was free at the front of the hotel which is a bonus for the London area.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we were in the Richmond area as it is ideally situated for many attractions.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2010

delicious english breakfast with a great choice, very comfortable bed and super friendly stuff. we really enjoyed our time in the richmond hill and its fantastic surrounding. i was very surprised from the charming rooms and the cleanliness, as english hotels have not the best reputation.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2010

The service was of a very high level and the staff were more then happy to help with any question we had, and always with a smile. checkin was very quick and we were in out room within 10mins of arriving, we were on the 2nd floor and had a great room that looked over the river and the hill. The room was very clean and tidy had one of the biggest double beds i have ever slept in, the bathroom was very clean and tidy and the shower was great. We also had breckfast the next morning, we were taken to our table and offered coffee and tea and it was brought straight to us nice and hot, we then helped our self to breckfast all the food was hot and well laid out. We then checked out and again this was very quick and fast, the staff were very friendley and with a smile. Over all I would recomend the hotel to my family and friends without any questions.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This is what i wrote tonight. "I called yesterday and cancelled all future bookings with you . We were due to stay again for 3 days in September booking ref 19286 again twice in October for 3 days booking ref: 19287 and 19288. We also have 3 more weekend stays in Richmond in the next 6 months, we won't be giving you our business. We are voting with our feet as the service we received at your hotel was just too poor for words. We will be staying elsewhere where they value their guests more. " We ordered a kingsize bed as my partner is extremely tall and re-iterated our request with 4 follow up phone calls prior to arrival.. On arrival we were given twin beds. The room was excessively hot and the air conditioning didn't work. We complained after the first night and...nothing was done. We didn't sleep because of it. We complained again the second night, even calling from the restaurant in the evening to make sure. When we got back..nothing was done. We called down 5 times to reception after returning from the restaurant and no-one appeared. Someone came after 30 mins who knew absolutely nothing about the controls and couldn't fix it. they said the hotel was full so they couldn't move us. We removed the covers of the bed and had to put up with a noisy fan that simply moved the hot air around, we went home exhausted! The restaurant is expensive and in the evening we ate off brown plastic tables without even a tablecloth.The lighting was awful. We only ate there once...that was enough. Glad we bought our computer dongal as the Wi Fi was £10 a night!
We will never stay there again. We would rate this 4 star at best.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business