“Comfortable hotel”

Richmond Hill Hotel
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Comfortable hotel”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed for one night. Very good room if a little small, recently renovated. Although there was a party taking place in the ballroom it did not give us problem. Just ate breakfast but that was excellent with a wide variety. Used the swimming pool, that was good except for the time restrictions on it's use by children so if you are taking any make a note.. They are only allowed in 10:00 - 12:00 & 15:30 to 17:30 Mon - Fri. 14:00 to 18:00 Sat and 10:00 to 14:00 Sun.

Room Tip: First floor rooms 160+ have been recently renovated.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Colinwr5
ManagerRichmond, General Manager at Richmond Hill Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Colin,

Thank you for your review of your time at Richmond Hill Hotel, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

I do hope to welcome you and your family again.

kind regards

Diane

Diane Tapner-Evans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Barking, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just returned from two nights at this hotel. E mailed the hotel prior to our visit to ask for a nice room because it was our wedding anniversary but had no response. No knowledge of my email at reception. On arrival was given a tiny, dark room on the 1st floor. Very disappointed and had to ask to be moved. The next room was better on the fourth floor but I still do not think it was value for money for the £300 we paid. The whole hotel looks very tired and shabby, particularly the carpets. The hotel towels have been washed so many times that there is hardly any pile left on them so they are hard and thin. There is nothing 4 star or luxurious about them. On our last morning we had breakfast in the hotel, expecting to pay the advertised £12.00 per person - breakfast itself was functional but without the selection that I would have expected to see in a 4 star hotel. Upon our departure, we were asked to pay £16.95 per head because we hadn't collected a voucher from the desk before going to breakfast. This was never discussed at arrival.We were also charged twice for parking. Reception did agree to reduce our bill for breakfast to £12 each and sorted out the parking charge, but it left a nasty taste having to stand at the reception and argue about our bill. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel. I do not think it gives good value for money and in terms of how it looks, the hotel has seen better days. The reception staff were helpful but this is about the only positive I can come up with.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caroline188
RoyalTunbridge Wells
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The outside of the hotel looks nice.
The reception looks okay.
The lift is grotty.
The corridor to the room we stayed in was yukky.
Can you tell how it's going downhill..?
Prepare yourself...
I was glad I did.
When I walked into room 364 I thought 'Thank God we're only here for a few hours and it's not like we're going to sleep much anyway...'
How right I was, as there was a function going on (Yep, on a Sunday night...Go figure),and the racket from what I took to be the kitchen downstairs was bad enough to wake the dead anyway, not that the staff hanging about outside smoking and talking loudly seemed to care.
The room itself was absolutely horrible. The decor was revolting and the furniture was what one might call charity shop chic except it wasn't chic.Just change the first and last letters and you'll get the idea.
The bedside tables sloped downwards when you attempted to put anything on them, but it provided amusement for me until my friend arrived anyway, and the remote on the TV was so complicated that one needed a degree in astrophysics to use it.
The quilt on the bed had stains of a suspicious nature so it was quickly thrown into the wardrobe along with the nasty looking cushions.
The mattress was so soft it felt like a waterbed and the pillows gave me headache,and my friend had headache also but to be fair to the pillows that may have had something to do with the amount of alcohol he knocked back. Although if he'd wanted to sleep, alcohol most definitely would have helped as the room we were in was extremely noisy.
The bathroom was NOT four star quality. There was a sink that was obviously a birdbath in a previous life and the shower was abysmal...I'm being generous actually .It was a hideous bathroom.And just two manky looking towels slung on the grimy wire shelf.
I did scald my bum cheeks when the shower went from firing ice cubes at me to trying to boil me alive. I was not a happy bunny.
My friend paid £119 for this room which didn't include breakfast and where were the tea and coffee making facilities?
No water either.
No drinking glasses, only two grubby looking tumblers in the bathroom.
I'm so glad I won't be going back to this hotel (Although I suspect after this review they wouldn't be thrilled to have me there either),but I do think it's a shame that people pay good money for such poor accommodation in what is such a lovely area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Suzanne H
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

nice reception, nice receptionists! didnt bode well when we arrived to listen to another guest complaining about heating, a/c and noise! Room was small, outdated, corridor stunk of smoke , bed was small and bathroom old - were told by reception to open bathroom door because it sets off the fire alarm if you have a hot shower! Breakfast which was extra was again below average buffet.
Overall well over priced for poor facility.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

As I write at 2305 on a Sunday night , repeat Sunday night , on the third floor of the hotel , I cannot hear my room TV because the disco music from three floors below. Reception warn that I have to live with this until midnight!

Put simply , if staying here and there is a wedding or party night ( and you are NOT part of it ) do not bother to book in .

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ahomer1
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We opted to stay here because it was one of the closest hotels to a wedding we had been invited to.

When we arrived there were no rooms to allocate to us as most guests had turned up at the same time and the cleaning staff were still working on rooms. As we had to get changed we were given access to the little adjoining leisure centre around the back of the hotel where the staff were very helpful.

On returning to the hotel late in the evening we were given an upgrade due to the lack of rooms earlier in the day.

The bed was VERY comfortable - more so than I've ever found in any hotel before.

The layout of the hotel is a little maze-like, but this is only to be expected in properties that have been converted from old houses; I, for one, find it fascinating using the old servants' stairs.

All in all, if I found myself in Richmond again, I would almost certainly chose to stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elbly
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Lovely location, walking distance to shops and tube. Nice modern reception area when you first walk in, but as you go upstairs it needs refurbishing and is outdated. Our room, non-smoking smelt of cigarettes and was tiny and dingy, but the guy on the front desk upgraded us and our room on 4th floor was lovely and had a huge bathroom and lovely comfy bed. We got completely stung on phone calls, we dialed a few local numbers for car hire and it cost $35 (27 pounds!!).

Room Tip: Do not use phone in hotel room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple