“Just Gets Better!”

Richmond Hill Hotel
London
“Just Gets Better!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My Parents used to visit over 35 years ago, as they knew they then Manager (as children we visited on numerous occasions). Then 30 years later (2010) we hired a suite for our Daughter for her wedding. It was a fantastic experience. The Staff are 1st class with an Attitude of Excellence and Warmth. The Hotel made the whole process so easy and enjoyable. Everythiing was done under one Roof, which was fab. The meal was delicious and professionally served, under Michael's expert guidance. I'm a perfectionist, and I'm happy to say, that our experience was perfection in every aspect! Even the Reception party was excellent!

My Daughter, her Hubby & my Grandaughter RETURNED to spend their Wedding Anniversary, and were thoroughly looked after.

Last Nov 2012 I treated my Hubby to a weekend stay-over for his Birthday. Again, our treatment was FIRST CLASS from booking with Imogen, Karen on Reception and ALL the other staff, who are a fantastic representation of the standards set by Manager Diane.

Our Room was VERY LARGE, clean and comfortable, and our evening meal delicious with the added bonus of complientary glasses of Champagne for Hubby & Myself, for his Birthday. The surroundings are breathtakingly fabulous. The Hotel has undergone extensive refurbishment which makes it more updated and stylish.

I would HIGHLY recommend this Hotel for romantic weekends and weddings (having experience of both)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Richmond Hill Hotel - Family Fun Dinner Dance on New Year’s Eve - well done to the Meetings & Events team! What a super idea – organising a party whereby children of all ages are welcome – it saved us the difficulty of finding a babysitter not to mention the expense. Great food, service and atmosphere and all at a reasonable price. Games room for the children, balloons and DJ / dancing until late. Lovely family friendly environment, like being at a wedding - we’ll definitely be back!

Northampton
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked during Xmas and New year, 2 rooms for one night.
The staff were very helpful, lovely mini mince pies available at reception when we arrived and also whenever we walked past.
The hotel was very clean and tidy, rooms were pretty small tho. A bit expensive but in line with the location.
Would stay again

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights from Friday 28th December. I booked up by phone on Boxing Day evening; Annmarie who took the call was extremely helpful and friendly and reserved us a family room (we are a family of 5) at a very reasonable price. She also gave me useful information about parking at the front of the hotel (£5 per day) and buying discounted vouchers for breakfast.
We checked in at midday on the Friday. Karen on reception was very efficient and professional; it was also a nice touch for Annmarie to come and say hello as we checked in.
The family room was very spacious with two large bedrooms separated by a long corridor and a bathroom; it was almost like a 2 bedroom flat.
We slept well both nights and the full English breakfast on the Saturday and Sunday mornings was excellent and the service was very attentive. On the Saturday night my older son and I enjoyed a drink in the Pembroke bar and watched the Sky Sports.
We checked out on the Sunday morning and Raj on reception who had to correct a minor error on the bill re parking was efficient and friendly.
We were very pleased with our stay at the Richmond Hill Hotel and it is an excellent base from which to explore Richmond and, of course, central London (only 19 minutes by overground train).
I would have no hesitation about staying at the hotel again and in my opinion it is superior to the Richmond Gate Hotel next door in which we stayed last year.
The hotel is in good condition and the rooms and communal areas were all very clean and well maintained.
My only minor disappointment (as a Who fan) was not seeing Pete Townshend who lives in the house directly opposite the hotel!
Our thanks to all the hotel staff. We have already recommended the hotel to family and friends and we look forward to another stay later this year.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My fiancé and I are getting married in June next year. My parents stayed in the suite almost 30 years ago and we are so excited to relive history. We visited in December to test out the hotel and although it wasn't the suite it was beautifully made up and to a very high standard. There is a lovely view over London and we went for a walk to the park and also to the local bakery which is so very cute! The dinner was very well done and the English breakfast very tasty. Would highly recommend.
We can't wait to stay here on our wedding night and the fact my mum (who has high standards) thinks it is the perfect place to stay so many years later means that it is worth every penny!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank GilbodyEm
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2012

What a beautiful place to take a slightly deaf Ma in law to celebrate her 80th! She was surprised and delighted as was I when we were given 2 glasses of champagne as a complimentary gift. The Hotel is beautiful and the meal was delicious and not too expensive.
Richmond is truelly beautiful you cant go wrong.

2 Thank myhappyplace85
bucks uk
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Very comfortable, clean and impressive hotel. Extremely helpful staff and a great English cooked breakfast! Very good value. I would stay again. I would also recommend to friends and family. My second floor room was quiet, spacious and well equipped. The bed was large and very comfortable. The Christmas decor had been very well presented adding a nice touch at this time of year.

Room Tip: I was on just the second floor however the room was quiet and the large bed very comfortable.