“wonky floors”

Richmond Hill Hotel
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“wonky floors”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

not bad hotel but not 4stars, i know its an old building but the floors in the room were on an odd angle so felt quite weird when walking, room was very small, bed very comfy, but because floor was on an angle i nearly rolled out of bed a couple of times through the night no information pack about the hotel in room so had to ask about everything ie check out where the spa was. Parking quite a problem got the last space in the carpark.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerRichmond, General Manager at Richmond Hill Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed to read that you had a disturbed night’s sleep due to a wonky floor whilst staying with us at Richmond Hill Hotel. I am aware that some of the rooms are characterful, with some sloppy floors but the beds are balanced to provide a flat night’s sleep. If you would be as kind as to contact me to let me know which you room you stayed in I can check why this occurred during your time with us.
All Hotel information apart from the menus which are updated regularly, is now stored on the TV information channel. I am sorry you were not able to find this whilst you were with us.
As a team we do strive to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay, I hope you allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our services when you are next in the area.
kind regards

Diane Tapner-Evans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Bolton
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I spent 3 nights at the Richmond Hill Hotel to meet up with friends in Richmond and to go sightseeing in London. I had a wonderful stay apart from mislaying a watch & jewelry one evening. The staff were fantastic. They helped me look, showed genuine concern and inquired as to how I was for the rest of my stay. I found them next day and I wasn't made to fell foolish.
I ate in the restauarant for breakfast & for two of my three night stay. The food is excellent. Both my friends & I enjoyed our meals very much.
I was recommended to stay at the Richmond by a colleague who spent seven weeks there when she was relocating to London. I would have no hesitation in recommending it too. A fabulous Hotel, lovely decor, great location, easy to get to Central London & Kew. Exceptional customer service. I will certainly visit again as soon as I am able.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
ManagerRichmond, General Manager at Richmond Hill Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Patricia,

Thank you for completing your review on Trip advisor, it is lovely to read that you enjoyed your time at Richmond Hill Hotel. The service team at the hotel do try to ensure all our guests enjoy their time with us, it is lovely to see that this was your experience. We do look forward to welcoming you back to the the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Diane Tapner-Evans
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2012

stayed two nights, used the cedars spa, the hotel is a great mix of new and georgian. very modern room albeit a bit small. the breakfast was great as was the food in the pembroke restaurant.
the staff were very attentive especially nice (french we think) woman in restaurant, watch out for service charge included in your bill
it was spotless, quiet and a great location, reasonable prices, bed (i imagine) was like sleeping on a cloud, conked out straight away. liked the walk to train/underground (10 mins) and admired all the masaratis and Porches in driveways in church road.
good quality hotel and great location. will go back

Room Tip: i would imagine the stairs outside the studio rooms would be a nightmare due to the noisy stairs up...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wallington UK
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed as part of a wedding party for a wedding outside of the hotel, on arrival as our room wasn't ready we went to the bar to have lunch. It took ages for a chicken sandwich to arrive and lacked in filling.
We were told on checking in that we'd received a free upgrade - turns out this is because the Bride had to complain about a few things. Well to be honest I dread to think what a standard room is like if our room was an upgrade! Very basic, bathroom was on the whole clean though not sure they'd looked behind the door recently!
We did have a balcony - shame that all it looked at was other parts of the hotel building and the car park.
Karen on reception was friendly and helpful with all our queries. I'm glad we were only using the hotel to get ready and sleep in as not much else to appeal. We didn't have time to use the health club.

sadly don't think we'd go back

Room Tip: it was quiet at the back but nothing to compare to give advice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our stay was very disapointing from reservation to departure.
Staff need training they have no idea regarding rates and the receptionists English was very poor. I booked a twin room and then requested a double prior to arriving which was a saga,when we arrived it was still a twin room , I called reception and they said they would change it , which never happenned. We only had one set of towels and it took over half an hour to recieve the second set and it was too late as we had to attend a business event. Travel lodge rooms are far superior the room was small and very shabby.The evening food at the event was tasteless. The breakfast was nice buit we struggled to find a clean set table, it seemed very under staffed. On departure the receptionist did not ask if we had enjoyed our stay , just as well really !!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Shoey1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I'm writing this review as I had read the reviews on trip advisor after booking and was a bit worried about coming here.

My wife and I came down for a christening (and a weekend away without children!) The hotel was perfect for where we had to go and when I phoned up prior to arriving the staff were very helpful about how to organise transport from heathrow. (Taxi is the best way) Great reception and a shown up to our rooms with a hand with the bags (full kilt in one of the bags)
We had snacks and drinks in the bar - which were lovely - and ate in the restaurant on the second night. Staff were brilliant, food was grand, place seemed lovely.
Also had a couple of long swims in the Cedars pool. Room was perfect.

There was a reception there the second night but it didn't disturb us at all. The Cedars pool was brilliant but there were some tiles missing in the middle of the pool (I'm a pool nut tho) and although the food was brilliant I was a bit disappointed to get a sachet of mayonaise when I asked for mayo with my meal. (must have ran out as a got a pot of mustard)

We caught a cracking bit of weather in London in October and one of the nicest bits of the trip was walking out from the hotel to the park in front of the hotel that overlooks the Thames and walking down to Richmond to have dinner with friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Arrived with a bridal party for my best friends big day, the reception tried to fob us off with a small room as they hadn't sorted the suite even though we arrived late. All guests were given a code for a discounted room rate (still far too expensive for the size of room) but when checking in we were given varying prices of rooms and told nothing could be done about discounted rate as the manager wasnt avaliable. I was told i was to be upgraded due to being quoted a higher price 10 minutes before setting off for the church which was obviously inconvienent at that time and when i enquired about the upgrade later in the night i was met with a blank stare from the receptionist. We seemed to be an inconvienance to the majority of staff who only attempted a smile while taking your money. If your looking for an overpriced shoebox to sleep in with an air con system that sounds like a 747 taking off this place will suite you down to a tee or if you like paying £5 to pay in a hotel car park, where you can't find a space, then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Spa was just a swimming pool as the spa pool wasnt working.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends