“Great hostess, food not so great”
Review of Restaurant 109

Restaurant 109
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant 109 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We received a very warm welcome from the manager/owner, who was a most delightful hostess. This is what saves the restaurant from a poor review. That and the wine list, which is small but perfectly adequate.

The food and service were rather disappointing: service was friendly but moved at snail's pace. Imagine the slowest snail you can. Double that. The soup was watery, insipid and bland. My roast was dry and one felt like one was gnawing on some tough old leather. The wait between courses was unacceptable.

Not recommended.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant 109

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had an great time here having gathered from different parts of London and the south coast to celebrate my son's 21st birthday and mother's day. We were a mixed group - from age 84 to 15! We had the place more or less to ourselves as they don't usually open on a Saturday lunchtime except for pre booked groups. There were 13 of us, not all of whom arrived promptly ! The staff were very patient and helpful. Our food was cooked to order;starters arrived promptly and we had plenty of time to relax and chat between courses. Some of us chose the excellent set menu, others a la carte, All pleased with what was served. The staff were very cheerful and helpful and also took photos for us. They bought celebration balloons for me and allowed us to scatter 'birthday confetti on the tables! We all had a lovely time and would definitely recommend it for a casual lunch or a celebration. I was fortunate to be able to park right outside but other parking is available close by.

1  Thank Karen s
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a small but friendly restaurant, and it is well placed just on the edge of richmond. The menu is small but I think covers every taste, the set menu is good value. The wine list is again short but has all of the usual suspects. The service is personal and food arrived in reasonable time, overall a good restaurant.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I said I would eat here again and of course, it was my first choice (lucky to get booked) for the England v France game. The food although more expensive this time was still fabulous and it had a French theme to match the day. The atmosphere was friendly as usual. The staff here are great and will continue to go here - would love the recipe for their cassoulet!

1  Thank MichelleALuton
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had dinner here last night. The atmosphere was perfect and the service faultless. A great little family restaurant. An amuse bouche was served which was a nice touch. The starter of quail eggs was lovely. The main courses were disappointing. I had a lamb casserole which was unseasoned and very plain. The homemade chips were far from crisp and golden. The desserts were great.
Overall, a good experience, and if the food had been as perfect as the ambience, I would have wholeheartedly recommended it.