“Nice atmosphere and good food”

Lass of Richmond Hill
Cuisines: British, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Visited this pub for a late meal (arrived about 9:45) with a colleague. The staff were very friendly. The beer is good (although appeared to me mainstream), the food that we ordered arrived quickly. The portions were extremely generous and I wasn't able to finish my main after having my starter. The food itself was very nice and well prepared.

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was recommended by friends who took us there for lunch. The Sunday roast was amazing. I had the beef which was rare as I asked for it and the gravy was properly reduced jus rather than gloopy floury bistro rubbish. Great desserts and selection of cheese and impressive wine list too! Very dog & family friendly. Cosy inside especially the bar area - perfect for winter as the nights start drawing in and the weather gets worse. I could be there every sunday from now on!

Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Consistently wonderful”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My son introduced us to this great pub 3-4 years ago. We've been taking the old folk there for celebration meals ever since. The staff have been consistently friendly, very helpful, caring, attentive but not "in your face", all that you could hope for, (never more so than on my dad's birthday a couple of days ago. Thanks Ollie). Food and beer are super, Young's is an excellent pint, well cellared, menu is straightforward, not too much on it, good variety, freshly prepared....we'll keep coming!

London, UK
“Great Sunday Roast”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had an early Sunday Roast which was very good. Friendly and accommodating service well cooked food, especially the pork sharing dish which was both excellent and very good value. If there are any negatives at all it is the price of drinks, especially the wine but that is looking for faults. Family friendly it was easy to get a seat early but was full when we left around 2-2.30. Will definitely be back.

London, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday Roast - Worth a trip.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Really nice roast. Very tasty and the beef was perfect. Asked for it rare and it came as it should.

I would recommend trying this place out. Go for lunch, have a roast, leave the car there. Then go for an amazing walk around Richmond park. Maybe even spot a deer or two. Great day out. The apple crumble at the end was very tasty also.

This place does a better roast than any place I have tried in Richmond and I have tried most pubs in the 7 years I have been there. However this is a pub. This rating is based on a pub, not a fine dining restaurant. Enjoy

• Visited September 2013