“Great Service...at a price, but still no steak!”

Lass of Richmond Hill
Cuisines: British, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Brixham, United Kingdom
“Great Service...at a price, but still no steak!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Eight of us (four couples), the men after a bad day at Twickenham (England 14: Australia 20), the ladies after a day’s shopping (ouch), had pre booked a table to celebrate one of the couples recent engagement. A friend and I had called in on the Friday evening to select a table and arrange for champagne to be on ice for when we arrived the next day. The management and staff could not have been more helpful on both nights and the waitress staff took our humour and gibes in good spirit. Indeed, the service was great all night perhaps because most of the men wanted steaks dinners and when shown to our table we were informed immediately that they didn’t have a single steak left – this is Richmond, London, 8:00pm on a Saturday night and no steak why not - not the best of starts! Talking of starters; we couldn’t even get a simple portion of garlic bread as a starter or side order and when it came, the fish pie specials didn’t have much fish in either of the two we had ordered? These glitches aside the food (we all had), was otherwise ok rather than great and thankfully starters and mains, plus side orders all came piping hot. A Good selection of beers and wines, but certainly at a price – over £40/head including the drinks and one bottle of decent champagne!!!! Despite the glitches, the general attitude of the staff and atmosphere make this venue a pleasant enough experience, but on closer inspection it’s time for a refurb as furniture, fixtures and fittings are looking a bit shabby. Still annoyed about the lack of steak (and fish) though and the management need to get such simple issues sorted because not everyone likes a menu with such a strong bias towards game.

1 Thank BM_Pete56

• Polish first
Southwold
“Delicious food; fast service”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had the venison and it was tender and very tasty. I had an amazing customised dessert as I don't eat dairy so had the fruit and crumble topping separate. Shared with my dinner date! Thank you.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank julieawin
London, United Kingdom
“Nice pub, lovely food”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Came here for drinks for a friends birthday last week. Ended up staying 5 hours and had dinner. I had a deer loin with roasted veg and mash. Really nice although wish my deer loin was cooked a little less. My friend had pork belly which looked lovely and she said tasted great. I really like this pub, been here alot in the past. The rear garden has changed since my last visit but for the better. Will return to this pub next time I go to the park.

1 Thank VolvoCowgirl
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Best Pub for Sunday Roast for miles around”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Several visits to the Lass and I keep thinking they can't live up to the previous high standard but each time it gets better.
Everything on the menu is great, but the Sunday Roasts are truly magnificent. The service is friendly, efficient and they always seem to want to go the extra mile. We regularly dine with 3 generations of the family and everyone comes away more than satisfied.
The Bloody Marys are something from another world and a must for Sunday brunch.

1 Thank fellamee
London, United Kingdom
“Great Food, and Location”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I visited the lass o richmond hill on the night before and the morning of the wedding in Richmond Park.
The food is really good here, along with great friendly staff, me and my best man had rabbit stew and Lamb shank and can recommend both, the staff were really firendly and prompt,.
I went back the next morning for my last pint as a free man and to let the photographer get some shots and even though they had just opened the landlady was very nice and allowed us to get loads of shots, nice beer too!

Visited October 2012