“Very good food, gorgeous views”

The Petersham Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Of all the restaurants in South West London, The Petersham in Richmond is without a doubt one of the finest. With the 5 rating in The Good Food Guide, the Gordon Ramsay trained Chef, restaurant's ambience and panoramic views of the River Thames and surrounding water meadow, it truly is a special venue for any occasion. For private dining, the Alcove off the main restaurant, seats up to 12 guests offering the same classical dining that can be experienced in the restaurant with all the privacy of a secluded area.
San Francisco, California
“Very good food, gorgeous views”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This restaurant is an experience. The food is very good, though certainly not the best I've had in London (or Richmond). The views, however, are stunning. On a sunny evening, the view of the sunset over the Thames is magnificent and makes for a lovely dining experience. I'd happily dine here again.

1 Thank voyageouse

• Korean first
“Great views, nice meal”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We had a Sunday lunch for 4, we took our toddler as well. It was fairly busy with several large tables, there appeared to be a small function on as well in the adjoining lounge.
We all had a 3 course meal, each of the dishes were good & of a good serving size. My entree of rabbit with chorizo risotto was great. The wine list was good, mainly French. They had a different approach to serving wine- they opened the bottle & left it on the table then came back a few minutes later & offered to taste- it was slightly awkward because we didn't know wether to just pour it ourselves. I think they should offer to decant high quality bottles of red wine (our nice bottle of Bordeaux only started to open up towards the end of our meal) & they should also pour 'by the glass' wines at the table (I personally prefer this).
I enjoyed the location, big glass windows overlooking the Thames & adjacent farmland- very pretty.
Our toddler was playing up at one point so I went outside until things had settled- I was greatful that the wait staff put my meal under the warmer until I was able to eat it. They were very considerate.

1 Thank Tlussa
London, England
“My food was excellent”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Five old friends went for a meal on Bank Holiday Sunday. We sat outside having a drink looking at the lovely view. The Restaurant of the Hotel is super, and very comfortable. Lots of space, good size tables and excellent staff.
My food was very good, oysters then fish, but the others had the rib-eye which they said was tough. The puddings were good, but then they ordered 3 'special coffees' which were not. Had to be sent back, and the replacements were only acceptable. We wondered whether the type of glass didn't help the flavour.
For the money the food was for them disappointing, but I loved my food and the ambience was excellent.

1 Thank barbara10
London
“Great views ... slow service and very, very average food.”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Went for Sunday lunch and what is an exceptional setting with beautiful views was somewhat let down by the service in the resturant and also the food was pretty average. I waited at least 30 minutes for a menu to appear and a further 20 to take the order. 30 mins wait time inbetween each course. When the food arrived, it was run of the mill sunday lunch. The staff were very nice however and I enjoyed the setting / views. Good value.

1 Thank jleeLondon
london
“ugh”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

pretentious too expensive waiters bored and could not care less attitude like they were doing you a favour. Food very mediocre cold and tasteless overppriced

Visited August 2012