“There are better Wagamamas for food.”
Review of wagamama richmond

wagamama richmond
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Late night meal, post gallery visit, mainly to counteract the copious amounts of wine I'd drunk. Service was good and pleasant, restaurant quiet. Duck Gyozas ok as was the BBQ beef in lettuce, very spicy. Mains came very quickly but both my partner's dish lacked meat and prawns and mine was somewhat lacking - we are accustomed to more. After telling the waitress more prawns were provided. In spite of this, the dish was tasty. But the branch at LHR T5 has been better.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Looking for a quick place to eat before theatre in Richmond proved difficult. From the car park across the green and into the main shopping street, not one eatery was to be seen. Then we spotted the local Wagamama and so gave it a try.

First surprise was that is was fairly empty - where do people eat pre-theatre in Richmond? Second was, as others have pointed out, how large the restaurant is - you would never guess this from the small street level frontage.

All the familiar fayre is there for regular waga-punters and the service was speedy and friendly. We arrived 6.15, had two courses with a hot drink and bill paid and out by 7.15 in plenty of time for performance at 7.30. The white chocolate and ginger cheesecake with toffee sauce is to die for. I can never remember what the main course dishes are called but both my friend and I enjoyed what we had - a chicken and vegetarian dish respectively.

With only a Pizza Express opposite to compete for any early evening diners, Wagamama is a good choice if you want to be in, fed and out in a hour in Richmond.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Go through the entrance and up the stairs into the restaurant and you might be thinking wow where did this large space come from. Open kitchens to the right as you walk in, allow the gorgeous smells of the foods that are being cooked to get your taste buds tingling.

It is a great room done simply with benches and long tables, Wagamama style.

I guess when you walk into to a Wagamama the World over you are pretty much knowing what your going to get and that's why people go. Chicken Katso in Richmond, is pretty much Chicken Katso in NYC and at least you don't get any funny surprises. And although its decent food, cooked okay, it simply doesn't jump out at me.

I've eaten here a few times and I've always come away thinking, I'm still a bit hungry. Even though I've spent £10 on a Chicken Katso, the portion sizes are just not big enough for a growing lad.

Again its okay, but I could think of a better way to spend £50-£60 for a quick dinner for two, before going to see a movie.

1  Thank Rinkydinkpinkpanther
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The decor is simple but effective, the concept is equally simple, good, fresh food, served quickly. Nothing sits around waiting to be served, even when they're busy, they move fast to keep everyone happy. The staff are friendly and attentive even when they're rushed and there's a queue all the way down the stairs. I love the pad thai, so many flavours, going together so perfectly, mint and ginger and spring onions and chicken and prawns or 'yasai'- which is either tofu or just more vegetables, all scrumptious. Everything always seems to be perfectly cooked, they never overcook anything, but they never undercook anything either, I don't know how they do it.

It is a real shame that the scores of people who love this place don't write reviews. When looking at the reviews, bear in mind that people only seem to write when they have something negative to say.

And yes, there's no view, who cares? Would a view make the food taste better? COULD a view make the food taste better? I doubt it. The food is delicious.

Don't forget to leave room for dessert, the white chocolate and ginger cheesecake is my favourite EVAAA! I can never resist, even if I end up getting a portion to take with me. It's just too tasty! They do other desserts, but the white chocolate and ginger cheesecake is by far the best!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Horrible decor more like a school canteen than a restaurant. Staff were unattentive and when food was brought to our bench it was slammed on the opposite end of the table so we had to pick it up and put it on our place mats. The Mandarin & Sesame Chicken Salad was not fresh at all and some of the mangetout was practically yellow and had a vinegary taste. Toilets were disgusting,paper strewn over the floor,dents in the doors,very small-I've seen better toilets at petrol stations and on trains! I would avoid at all costs and choose a nicer location in Richmond or which there are many,

2  Thank AlexandriaPapusa