“Enjoyable lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went to Cirrik for lunch using the Tastecard - on arriving we were told that we had to order from the a la carte menu rather than the set menu.
We both ordered the mixed kebab: An assortment of kebabs including lamb shish, chicken shish, chiken wings, lamb kofte, chicken kofte, lamb chops cooked on charcoal grill served with rice & salad . While we were waiting for our meal we were brought a small dish of olives and some warm bread with dips which were all very tasty.
The mixed kebab plate was delicious and plentiful - we couldn't fit in a dessert afterwards! I got the impression that there might have only been one person in the kitchen as some of the meat was piping hot but some was tepid so must have been cooked first and left waiting for the rest to be ready. The Turkish rice was far tastier than 'normal' rice and the salad was a good accompaniment but I would have preferred it without dressing but didn't know it would come already dressed.
The serving staff was OK - nothing spectacular - and as there was only one other couple dining at the same time the restaurant lacked atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“Nice food, terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Cirrik offers a wide variety of both hot and cold, tasty meze dishes which are very authentic. Their main dishes are beautifully presented and plentiful (you won't still be hungry!). The desserts are not as great as the starters and mains and availability was disappointing however they are nonetheless satisfying.
Unfortunately service was entirely shocking. The waiter spent 90% of his time off of the restaurant floor and instead by the desk on his phone not making eye contact so it could take up to 10minutes to simply order a drink mid-meal. There was also clearly a language barrier as when we asked to order dessert he mimed a notepad and returned minutes later with the bill. Then when it was explained that this was not what was asked for the waiter became sulky, hurried (despite it being very quiet), more aloof than before- which I thought not possible- and walked off before taking my order and ignored me as I had been the one who initially asked to order dessert.
If service is not important to you then definitely try it out as the food is nice. However you will not receive an attentive waiter and good all round experience.
Overall, the moodiness when taking the dessert order spoiled the end of the meal and ruined the experience so I feel it is not the place to go. I would instead recommend Rice on Chiswick High Road or Yamal Alsham in Imperial Wharf. They both offer outstanding service and tastier food than this disappointment.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Istanbul, Turkey
“Do you not have zero stars?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were unfortunate to dine in this place last Saturday. The whole experience was a total disaster from trying to book a table to actually arriving and finding the booking had not been written in the book and no table. We waited 1 hour and 46 minutes for a meal which frankly should of gone into the bin. How could the chef send out food which was definitely beyond its sell by date and burnt at the same time? Even the waiter should have dropped the food down the toilet rather than take to the table. Complaining was useless because they pretended that they did not understand... Terrible, awful, unbelievable – i did not realize Basil Forte had come back and started a reality restaurant....

Richmond, Surrey
“Disappointing to say the least”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I dined at this restaurant on Saturday night and was extremely disappointed. It lacked atmosphere, there was no warmth in the restaurant or the service. I ordered the prawns for starters (all four of them!) the sauce was nice but the prawns were certainly not fresh. My husband ordered the sardines which were dry the only nice part of this dish was the red onion salad. We then ordered two lamb dishes mine was ok, my husband's was terrible it was served in a small cold ceramic dish with a couple of lamb pieces thrown in. Both dishes lacked presentation, the portions were more akin to a child's serving. The waiter was hostile and at 10.30pm we asked for the desert menu when we were told the kitchen was shut! Need I say more - do not dine at this establishment. We won't be returning.

London
“Dont Do it.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Im usually not that harsh with reviews of any type but on this occassion I really have to be. Went for a meal with my partner on Saturday early evening. Place didnt have much of an atmosphere but it was kinda early so no problem.
we ordered two starters which came quite promptly. The whitebait unfortunately tasted like it had been cooked in the same oil as they cooked their liver dishes in (seemed to be a fair bit of liver on the menu).
Anyway that was that....on to the main where we got really let down. We both ordered the Lamb Iskender. Again it came quite promptly. As we both tucked in- it was cold! and I mean cold! not even slightly warm. Was served in oven baked dishes which were stone cold too. The waiter came over and asked how it was - we politely said its very cold- he mumbled something about the plate being cold and said he will check with the chef. He disappeared off and then carried on with his evening and didnt come back to say anything more.
We asked for the bill and they offered us free deserts but it was too late to salvage what we hoped would have been a nice authentiuc Turkish Meal.
My partner is Turkish and was very disappointed. Maybe it was because we were using a 'tastecard'?! who knows.... It wasnt even worth paying the tatsecard price for what we got. Definitely wouldnt recommend though.

• Visited January 2013