“Galettes and cider - a taste of Brittany”
Review of Chez Lindsay

Chez Lindsay
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I love this restaurant and have been visiting for 15 years with friends and family. The children always appreciate the delicious pancakes and have been welcomed since they were in highchairs.
The fresh ingredients, a focus on seafood, the friendly service all make this an absolute gem for brunch, lunch or dinner.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a small, intimate restaurant. I went alone as I was away on business and the staff were attentive without being too fussy. I cannot eat gluten or dairy but the restaurant understood well abs was able to accomodate. i ordered sardines, followed by duck. The accompanying sauce contained cream but they substituted this, no problem. Apparently the balsamic reduction wouldn't be as nice as it was quickly and freshly made. But it was truly delicious! Those who can taste the real one are in fit a treat!! Finally, desserts are usually a no go for me. But they can make gluten and dairy free gallettes (crepes). They were amazing! I can speak highly enough of this place - delicious food and caring staff who will go out of their way to look after you. Thank you!!!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my first visit to Chez Lindsay and I went with 3 girl friends for one of my friends birthday,. When we walked in. there was a lot of staff around the bar area, but still took a few minutes to be acknowledged. Our coats were taken and we were seated at our table.......the food was lovely and the young waitress was really nice as was Lindsay, but the waiter was unbelievably arrogant, we were just finishing our starters, when instead of topping my friends wine glass up he took it away, I called him back and asked him why he done that, he picked up our wine bottle and said, well it is nearly empty.....I said we haven't had our main meal yet, we were going to get another bottle......It was unbelievable, and then his attitude just got worse.........when we were paying the bill we decided that we would leave £15 tip, mainly because the waitress was lovely and the food was nice, he came back saying that we had made a mistake with the bill, and it was short, I said we hadn't made a mistake. when we went to get our coats, he was standing at the bar shouting at us in french, which we chose to ignore.....awful man.....I would never go back there again, and if it hadn't been a friends birthday, i would have said something straight away......he was unbelievable!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff were very welcoming and friendly - nothing was too much trouble. The atmosphere was great. Food was good - mussells and escargot to start followed by the fish platter. Although full, we HAD to try one of the pancakes which was delicious.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Have visited this restaurant a few times in recent months and it is always a good experience. Food is superb - for me, the black pudding starter, goats cheese galette and steak are favourites. Staff are very attentive and service great. Really nice ambience and would thoroughly recommend the ciders!