“good french” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chez Lindsay

Chez Lindsay
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“good french”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Is not posh place but very authentic french food. Like small family restaurant in Britany. Nice, fesh and good value. Not fussy like "Buvette " or plastic "COTE"

Visited July 2012

Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic French Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

A wonderful bistro selling authentic french cuisine . We have visited many times when we are in Richmond .

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank martinp778
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
“A French moment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Excellent authentic French restaurant in Richmond, Surrey specialising in Breton cuisine. Small,
intimate and well worth visiting.

• Visited August 2012
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We have visited chez Lindsay 3 times now and had really great service and food. We were never rushed but it's never been full when we have been, so no need to I guess. We love the fruit del a mer to share. We always have this for our main! The sweet pancakes for desert are gorgeous. Good wine list. The service is good without being intrusive so sometimes u get to pour your own wine which is fine by us. That said, it would be fairer to remove the service charge from the bill...

London
“Fabulous food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I avoided Chez Lindsay for a time because from the outside it didn't look like a restaurant to me and the prices looked a little on the high side. Some friends had a arranged a birthday dinner in the upstairs dining room 3 years back and I reluctantly went along. Now being a convert, I dine here once or twice a month with friends and from time to time dine here by myself.

The steak frites has been consistently great and is one of my favourites, and I thin is pretty good value for £19. I have sampled the galletes (which were new to me, and several of the dishes on the changing pre fixe menu which is pretty good value. A couple of times they has a Moules Frites all you can eat special too. The waiters are knowledgeable about wine, and I leave it up to them to decide what wine I should have with my food, and are accommodating with a nice plate of french cheese.

I was recently dining here when a couple came in, they had moved away many years before but had their wedding reception in the upstairs of the restaurant 22 years before, and I learned that the restaurant has been open 24 years, good going!

• Visited July 2012