“it's ok for work lunch”
Review of Strada - Richmond - CLOSED

Strada - Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013

went on a Monday with work colleagues for lunch

one of the girls had a voucher so it was uber-cheap. the meal was o-kay, but because there are so many italian options in Richmond I probably wouldn't go again.

it was nice enough though and the staff were ok, it definitely wasn't stand-out to me though.

1  Thank SolsRichmond20

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had a pre-cinema dinner, prebooked online. They had not prepared a table. The one they gave us was wobbly, which they eventually changed ( so someone else got it ! ). The risotto verdure was only half the size of the linguine pescatore (which to be fair was huge with 8 king prawns), and they changed it without charging for it.

5  Thank Jack M
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went on a weekday evening with a couple of friends and was very disappointed by the poor slow service & over salty food.

Our starter of bread with garlic oil & rosemary was salty and half was completely dry and devoid of any oil & rosemary. At £4.95 for simple bread with oil & rosemary this was unacceptable so we asked for another better prepared one. The replacement turned up some considerable while later but was no better. The main courses arrived & were dumped on the table without the waiter having first cleared the starter debris. I've eaten Strada's tag marinara numerous times in various branches but this one was inedible. Tomato sauce was hardly in evidence whilst salt & chilli certainly were over generously present. I sent it back and started to eat the mixed salad which I'd ordered to accompany it. At this point I lost the will to persevere with a replacement as for whatever reason the salad was also very salty. I complained to the manager who for some odd reason denied that the tag marinara contained any chilli until I reminded him that the menu listed it as an ingredient in the dish.

My friends meals were also over salted but they picked away at bits of them rather than go hungry. Alas we were not just unfortunate as we heard others on a nearby table and elsewhere in the restaurant complain about over salted food.

We had a couple of desserts which were ok and a couple of bottles of wine which were fine.

Service was slow despite there being few in the restaurant.

The manager removed several food items from the bill as we would expect given the poor quality of the food but this did not alter the fact that the food was not good and we went away hungry.

1  Thank CarolRichmond
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

It is very good, one of the best pizzas I have eaten in the UK. Dough is just perfect. Toppings are mushrooms, pesto sauce, baby onions and basil. It comes with a slice of lemon to get some acidity.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a family supper here the night before the wedding. There was plenty of choice on the menu to suit all adult tastes and those of my young grandson. We enjoyed the meal and wine and service was good. We were in the upper room , tucked away by the bar which felt slightly cramped but was otherwise OK.