“Birthday Lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Eagles Hotel

The Eagles Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Llanrwst
Cuisines: Bar, British, Welsh, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Llandudno
“Birthday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I took my wife, mother and our two sons for lunch here on Saturday 17th May for my wife's birthday and had a table in the bar looking out over the river. The meal was well prepared, had large portions( just what two teenage boys needed) and was very tasty. I can particularly recommend the rack of Lamb and Welsh Beef burger meals as well as the Homemade cheesecake which was amongst the best I have ever tasted.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and as it was a beautiful sunny day, they were doing a roaring trade for drinks and food on the sun terrace which overlooks the river Conwy. The meal was so good we will be returning again to sample the carvery and will be recommending this as a stop off for our guests.
Well done for reopening the hotel and making such a good job of it. Keep it going!!

• Visited May 2014
6 Thank Sarah J

“Sunday carvery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I am not a fan of carvery so was a bit apprehensive going here but I would go back here without a seconds thought.Unlike other carverys the veg was very hot and tasteful instead of tasting of water, the mash potato was creamy and well flavoured. We had a very generous portion of meat which there was choice of lamb, Turkey and ham. For dessert I had bread and butter pudding which again was a good size portion and soft texture, my wife had the chocolate fudge cake who loved as did our 6 month old baby who had a little taste. The staff were very attentive and helpful. Next time we are up we will definitely be calling here and if staying the night will perhaps try the hotel out.

6 Thank Chris J
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Exceptional food! I recommend the homemade cottage pie and the cheesecake for dessert! Great atmosphere, hotel, owners and location.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank Katherinemaddocks
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Much improved!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Having been a visitor, at least annually for the last 45 years, we'd tended to avoid the eagles which had become increasingly run down. The new owners have done a great job. Fresh feel, nice atmosphere and good food. Great friendly service. If anything, for us, the portions were too big. Puddings clearly home made, always a good sign. We would recommend, and would return.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Siansteele
Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
“excellent carvery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

With my husband originally being from the town, we got to hear that there were new owners and some changes to the hotel. We heard good things about the food and decided to have a family get together there for a Sunday carvery. There were 13 of us, including 3 small children. Everything about it was excellent with the attentive service and the high quality of the food in particular. The choice of meats and vegetables was very good. I feel it is quite pricey for a carvery but the quality of the food and service just about justifies the price tag.

Visited April 2014