“Great Brownies!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We have a house in North Wales and are gradually expanding our horizons around. We came across Ffyn y parc by accident asking one of the locals who recommended it. It is a lovely location. We only went in for tea and cakes which were lovely. My son said the brownies were the best he has ever tasted. The gentleman who served us said that the menu is expanding all the time so we will pop in again. Oh the art is amazing - just keep a close eye on any little ones in the house. It has décor to die for.

4  Thank Paddy1709
There are newer reviews for Ffin y Parc

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I must start by saying that this is a truly stunning venue, and has beautiful rooms filled with amazing artwork......... but.......... we visited as a group with some students from a local college, we had spoken to a lady there a week or so previously and been told we would be welcome, we also contacted the venue earlier on in the day to ensure it was open and were told it was and a visit would be fine. Upon arrival at the car park we were greeted by the worlds friendliest dog, he was the high point!

Some of our students wanted to sketch as we were visiting as part of an Art class. The gentleman on the desk was quite nonplussed by this, and seemed somewhat put out by it. We tried to engage him in conversation but to no avail..... the overall feeling we had was that he just wanted us gone. He did make a point of saying that it was a "private hotel" and "we don't receive any public funding". Whether this was a polite way of telling us to find a public art gallery or not I'm not sure, but we were made to feel quite uncomfortable. At one point we were almost followed round to make sure we weren't up to no good. Highly unlikely as we arrived wearing ID badges and in a car clearly marked with the name of our college!

We did use the cafe and purchased drinks, staff were lovely and helpful and the drinks and prices were fine. I would honestly have expected slightly dearer prices due to the standard of the venue/produce.

I am really torn as I loved the place and the current art exhibition is wonderful... but being open to the public means you will sometimes encounter people you are not entirely comfortable with, might be a bit nicer not to let it show quite so much!

4  Thank mywelshwales
ralphsanders, Owner at Ffin y Parc, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your honest review, I have to apologize as it was me who welcomed you to Ffin y Parc. I am sorry for any misunderstandings. We have many art groups visit us, and
I should of explained straight away that we do not allow drawing/painting sessions in the gallery as we are a commercial space, but art groups are very welcome to paint/draw in the grounds, and of course, to look around. Sometimes we can get very busy and students drawing in different spaces can deter clients from viewing the works on the walls. I must admit we were quiet that afternoon, but please accept my apology for not been clear and making you feel uncomfortable. I do hope this will not put you off visiting us again.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

The gallery and restaurant are situated in a superb house. The art exhibitions change monthly and cover a wide range of Welsh artists. The light lunches are excellent, freshly made and efficiently served. It is place that we visit on a regular basis and it never disappoints.

6  Thank Sallygarfield
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Excellent food always freshly cooked or prepared. Diverse and interesting art exhibitions. Friendly greeting by the proprietors every time, and what a wonderful venue! They have done wonders with the building and I look forward to next year when food and drinks will be available in the evenings. It is very difficult to fault the place - try it and you will be impressed.

5  Thank arti5t
Reviewed December 12, 2013

From it's warm welcome, to it's delicious expertly prepared food Ffin Y parc is not to be missed, and that's before you've got to the art! Set in beautiful grounds and loving restored it's perfect for a coffee or a light lunch, and it's delightful to browse the ever changing art collections. As well as an awesome array of cakes there are light lunches including the BLT. However to compare this BLT with any other sandwich of that name is an insult, from the delicious seedy bread to the aromatic bacon it's so much more than a sandwich. If you haven't called in yet you're in for a treat.

5  Thank Sara B