“Best scones in the world”
Review of Tu Hwnt I'r Bont

Tu Hwnt I'r Bont
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Llanrwst
Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I visit here at least three times a month to my fix of fresh warm scone. I love the quaintness of the place and the food is always fresh and tasty. You can tell they use local fresh produce. Staff always very friendly. Always a good choice

4  Thank secret-luncher

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Shared dining is a must in this little cafe! The head waitress is abrupt and unpleasent at most times that I've visited. The food is quite enjoyable, but the atmosphere on the whole is not pleasant. When bookings are made they cannot be honoured when you arrive.

2  Thank suzanhughes H
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Lovely welsh cottage setting, good range of food and cakes (shame about the squirty cream and the calor gas heater though). Service was attentive and fast (as it's a small place I think they were trying to put customers through quickly to free up space). It was warm and the cake was lovely. Great riverside setting.

2  Thank HTH8
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were so fortunate to stop by here during our trip to Wales. It is an adorable place with a very welcoming staff. The delicious scones were just perfect for a light lunch and the cozy atmosphere provided us a perfect respite from our sightseeing. We would definitely return if we were ever lucky enough to be in the area.

4  Thank Charlena L
Reviewed October 5, 2012

On our way back to our caravan in Snowdonia we decided to cruise down the Conwy Valley, and just as we were driving through Lanwrst my wife suddenly exclaimed "That's that ivy-covered cottage!" We struggled to remember where we had seen it, and then remembered - it's one of the many picturesque wallpapers supplied with Windows 7... and it's a tea-room!
We decided it would be rude not to stop there and have a cream tea, which was just perfect; home-made scones, lashings of jam and cream (you should be quite ashamed if you eat all of it), and set in the most delightful little cottage open-plan room. It is quite small so it is quite possible that it will be rather crowded at times, but for us it was just perfect. The ceilings are low, so anyone over 5'6" needs to be careful, but it is after all a genuine Welsh cottage. Olde world pictures and little artefacts adorn the wall, and upstairs there is a small gallery of pictures and photos from local artists, and one of the most quaint toilet & bathrooms I have ever seen. We found the staff very friendly, and finally we must recommend the jams, preserves and chutneys on sale; the apricot and stem ginger chutney we bought is really delicious.
Well worth finding this gem if you're driving round North Wales.

4  Thank John080347