All reviews pancakes north wales lle hari deluxe room lovely hotel full english both nights cosy bar light sleeper little things wonderful stay yogurt family room booked this hotel tea and coffee busy road a real gem
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked as a cheaper accommodation alternative to Betws-Y-Coed as a base for climbing in Snowdonia, this terrific secret little gem of a place is in Llanwrst, only a couple of miles further away. I booked it simply because it was a bargain- two separate beds in an en-suite room plus full breakfast for £80 (or 40 each) was great value - and the experience made it even more so.

First, we were running very late coming down tryfan and starving, so I phoned ahead and the manager promised to keep the kitchen going til 9pm for our orders. We dashed in at 8.58 still in our gear and they were true to their word, serving us in an unhurried and very pleasant manner even though it was empty by then and we were in a minging state. Some places are a bit uppity about climbers clumping in in muddy boots and gear but we couldn't have been made more welcome.

The bar lounge/dining area where we ate and drank our evening meal is small, really cosy and informal - the sort of place you could sink into a comfy chair and read a book for hours, while sipping coffees or beers, rather than a large, rowdy place. If you're looking for a quiet drink and a relax on a Friday/Saturday night, this would be it.

The food: mind-blowingly good- well presented, quality local produce, really well cooked, good portions (the lamb rump steaks (note steaks plural, with two generous cuts in the serving) dinner ... wow!). The desserts, the cheese board - everything was outstanding, and host was keen to answer our questions about provenance and sourcing of ingredients. Top food, top service. Two delicious mains, two epic deserts, shared cheeseboard, coffees and soft drinks came to £64, which I consider VERY good for the amount and the quality.

The rooms aren't swanky modern, but are clean, light and cosy. Comfy beds, plenty of pillows, TV, tea/coffee drinks tray including (non-charged) bottles of water, en-suite shower room with plenty of towels and bottles of shampoo, shower gel etc. Even small courtesy bars of gourmet chocolate. Slept like a coma patient. Total bargain.

Breakfast- a generous, ready laid out 'help yourself' continental of cereals, yoghurts, buns, juices, tea/coffee etc, PLUS a hot breakfast to order with numerous options, again all locally sourced. Got up stuffed - would really arm you for a day in the hills. Again: all this for £40 a head? Excellent value.

In every way - as a cosy, quiet lounge bar, as a place to dine and as a cheap, comfortable, high-value B&B, witn a great manager and service - this place really nails it. Beyond fault and definitely my first choice to book next time I'm in Snowdonia. Diolch yn fawr, Meadowsweet.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2019

As a lone female travelling for work it's great to find a hotel where you feel secure. The staff were so friendly, my evening meal was delicous, my room was spacious and spotless. I can't think of a reason why I won't be returning to this gem in a beautiful setting. Also I left my jewellery behind worth several thousand pounds, they got in-touch so I could collect it......can't beat that!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

We arrived last minute as the floods had changed our plans, the hotel owner was so friendly and made my partner and I very welcome.
The hotel has a cosy feel, log burner in the bar with quirky touches.
Rooms are very cosy and clean with tea and coffee facilities, beds were comfy especially after a busy day.
We both felt happy to stay there for a drink on the afternoon and also for our evening meal as the food was a reasonable price.
We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and bar experience.
Breakfast was cooked fresh, I had pancakes with syrup and my partner had omelet which was lovely.
There was plenty of other choice, cereal, full english, crossiants, muffins and juices. We could also help ourselves to tea and coffee.
With cosy decor and friendly staff we will return again, hopefully this year!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Very professional and very accommodating as well . The food was amazing and very delicious.The rooms were clean and well set up. Thinking about bringing my family back here next week to spend the weekend.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Myself and a friend from the army decided to climb Snowdon and chose this place to rest our heads for the evening. What a decision that was amazing hotel great food and accommodation but what makes this place special is the owner a true gent, who is proud of the armed forces what a guy what a place would recommend anyone planning on staying anywhere in the area to come here.

Trip type: Traveled with friends