“Mixed bag”

The Meadowsweet Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Llanrwst
Reviewed July 18, 2013

First stayed in the standard room, which is not really up to scratch. Tired interior, view on the backstreets of Llanrwst. For last two days upgraded to the four poster bedrooms. Much, much nicer! Back garden is a depressing yard, that's all. No garden. Views from front are wonderful.
Hotel is straight on the main road, busy.
Restaurant is very good and the staff are very welcoming and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't book the standard room. Location of the hotel matters less outside summer months.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This review restricts itself to Lle Hari (Harry's place) restaurant alone.

We phoned for a table reservation last minute and were given a warm and welcoming reply and shortly afterwards turned up . The bar and restaurant were quiet , as you would accept on a hot Monday evening in Snowdonia. We were immediately attended to and service throughout was attentive without being intrusive , just what we like
My wife and I treated ourselves to a full three course meal which we both thoroughly enjoyed, I devoured my pâté which came with a wonderful relish and also managed to sneak a piece of my wife's delicious chicken tandoori strips.
On to main course and a delightful pork tenderloin stuffed with black pudding and wrapped in bacon was soon demolished, my wife enjoyed her piri piri pork although I personally do not enjoy anything piri piri .
I tend to judge a chef by their ability to turn out a creme brûlée and the sizeable portion afforded was an absolute delight, I was almost jealous of my wife's selection but was too busy relishing my choice of sticky toffee pudding
Overall I found the service was good and the food better than good and I have no hesitation in recommending the meadowsweet as an excellent restaurant if your looking to tingle your taste buds in a welcoming environment .
Doesn't quite get the five stars , this is not a complaint but I do reserve five stars for somewhere I consider as exceptional, this I classed as very very good

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WelshDragon93
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hotel has parking, and is within walking distance to the local shops (and a picturesque stone bridge and tea house). Service is friendly, and the person at the reception was more than happy to recommend some good local eats if the hotel restaurant isn't to our tastes.

Rooms were comfortable, bright, and airy, if a little dated. The shower area was basically a tiled area in the bathroom. Nonetheless, it is a good hotel for a short stay, and the breakfasts are good.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the meadow overlook the main road, so may be noisier at times.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank map_maestro
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the meadowsweet after checking tripadvisor we were not disappointed
The staff , actually one of the owners couldn't do enough for us to make our stay really enjoyable.
The dinner menu was delicious and belly busting. The location was great with quiet walks by the river

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor good views but a bit of a hike with suitcases no lift
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Lovely location. Owner very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was great, especially the American pancakes! Evening meals were tasty but nothing special. The two issues were: (1) the room was rather tired - stained carpet, flaking paintwork, wardrobe door didn't shut properly etc; and (2) there was no desk to work at, and as I was there on a business visit this was important.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed June 15, 2013

stayed 4 nights in this hotel 10th-14th june 2013...excellent hotel,great location,every member of staff was polite and professional..rooms were very clean and everything catered for,food excellent...would definately stay there again..very pleased

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is on the Railway Station end of Llanrwst. The hotel is set close to a road but we were not aware of traffic and it has it's own car park. With a "meadow view" across the fields you could be in the middle of the countryside.
The treat is when you get inside. Each room is individually decorated to meet a range of style preferences. I needed a family room for my three boys and we had a room with plenty of space, it's own ensuite shower and another bathroom next door. Ideal with three boys.
The room was generously supplied with tea, coffee and biscuits.
We ate in the hotel restaurant and found the food, service and surroundings to be very good. Staff were friendly and soon helped to ensure our meals met all of our requirements.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel direct about your individual needs and they will do their best to meet them. The...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanrwst
The Eagles Hotel
#3 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed
Maenan Abbey Hotel
Maenan Abbey Hotel
#3 of 3 in Llanrwst

Been to The Meadowsweet Hotel? Share your experiences!