“Great lunch”
Review of The Cove

The Cove
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Me and my partner stopped he a few weeks ago to have lunch.
As the weather was nice we sat out side.
It all started a little strange with the waiter telling us the kitchen was closed for ten mins.
There was no need for this as it would have taken me longer than that to choose want to eat any way.
But after the strange start things got better and better both the starter and the sole I had looked and tasted great .
Along side the view the chilled wine I could not thing of a better way to have lunch than we did that day.
I place I will be going back to soon.

There are newer reviews for The Cove

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had the luck of visiting the cove on a glorious Sunday afternoon and being able to sit in the sun and the sea made a rare appearance. We ordered from the set menu starters were both nice I had bream as my main and was cooked perfectly and our white wine complemented the seafood. Great for me as I love seafood and its not always the easiest thing to find in weston. Only downside was when other people were coming in the waitress kept saying kitchen was closed for ten minutes and a lot of people walked off, in my opinion this wasn't needed as by the time you've sat down and ordered a drink and looked at a menu ten minutes has passed. This definitely is putting people off, a shame as the food was good and we will go back.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just been for a coffee and cake, on a lovely Sunday afternoon. The cake was home made and delicious, the coffee was good too, venue excellent the views are great from the terrace.

1  Thank Squidgee
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Recently whilst in Weston we tried the Cove for lunch, £14.95.
The location was very good. The food was good except the service let the experience down.
We were the first to order, the starter arrived after 30mins followed by another 45mins for the main course. At this point there was only 8 people, three tables. The waitress realised my displeasure and offered us free coffee, which I declined to accept. I complimented her on the meal, but the poor service, caused by problems in the kitchen was not acceptable. It was almost 2 hours for a simple lunch. It was good job the place was not busy as some would have been there at 6.00pm waiting for their soup.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Went for an evening meal and found it very average despite rave reviews from a lot of people. Soup was Luke warm and had a skin on it that felt like it had been out for a while. The main was ok (duck) and the desert was also ok but not very big portion sizes. The waiting time I between courses was enormous despite not being very busy; that said all the staff were friendly.

Overall I had thus place hyped up by a few people and it didn't meet expectations!